Subaru WRX Forums banner

How are you using your accessports?

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured since I did spend $700 :eek: I might as will use it all the time. How about you?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Some may feel it's a good idea to keep the AP in the car or in the glovebox but I have heard and read too many stories of break-ins and AP getting stolen. I rather keep it at home.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, yea it is detachable. I either take it in with me or glovebox it :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
i totally voted that you guys are crazy. as seeing that i dont have one so im not crazy yet but in may i will be crazy with all you AP guys

·
Registered
103 Posts
lol, just ask someone to upload perrin v3 map into your car :p hehe, drive it for 2 days, and try going back stock, LOL, good luck :) car feels waay better, not only because of performance:p

·
Registered
345 Posts
700$???? lol i paid 550 im glad i work at a dealer whos parts guy runs a performance shops too i get all my parts for cost... love it o yea i got the exhaust for 250 too that should be here in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The way I look at it, AP's are the cost of admission at this point. It sucks that they are $700 bucks. The tuners for my truck were less than half as much...

Considering the alternatives, learning to open source tune, or paying a protuner $$$, I'm pretty happy with the AP so far. I'll be even happier when Perrin delivers the 91 octane map I paid for....

·
Registered
153 Posts
700$???? lol i paid 550 im glad i work at a dealer whos parts guy runs a performance shops too i get all my parts for cost... love it o yea i got the exhaust for 250 too that should be here in a couple weeks.
Dealers are not supposed to sell Access Ports below retail price.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Dealers are not supposed to sell Access Ports below retail price.
I know their not but I am an employee so I get all my parts for cost, it would be like you working at a performance shop and paying retail for your aftermarket parts it just doesnt work like that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Iv used my AP to test the parameters like boost , etc. of the maps that I updated to the ecu but I dont use it all the time. i keep my ap in the glovebox just incase.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've got a ScanGaugeII for real-time telemetry. I think the AP sucks for that kind of thing.. I only pull it out for flashing. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts