Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in picking up the Accessport to do some tuning to my car, but I have one ? Can I revert back to the stock if I have to take it to the dealer for service? Don't want to void the warranty if I don't have to.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Yes, you can always revert back to EOM mapping, that is one of the beauties of the AP just unmary the car. On the other hand 99.9% of the time the dealership will not be looking at your ECU, unless you are specifically there to have that work done on the ECU.

If they ask just tell them that the Factory Tune "SUCKS" and they gave you no choice and you ha to do something about it!!!!

Oh wait scratch that idea... :-X

IMO don't worry about it, at least I havn't!

·
Registered
382 Posts
As already answered, you can revert you programming on your car back to stock. However there are a couple caveats to be aware of as well.
1. If you are using the AP to address tuning needs for modifications you have put on, like a CAI or downpipe, reverting back to your original programming could damage the car if those parts are left on.
2. Even if you do switch the programming back, a intelligent dealer can still tell the mapping was changed as the checksum on the ECU changes with each writing. That is, no form of tuning, AP or otherwise, will allow you to change the tuning 100% undetected.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
there is 1 other way..... go to a mod friendly dealer. :-X
FYI, there were ppl that went in for the recall and on the invoice, the dealer ppl listed the mods that were on the car. :mad:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
there is 1 other way..... go to a mod friendly dealer. :-X
FYI, there were ppl that went in for the recall and on the invoice, the dealer ppl listed the mods that were on the car. :mad:
That is a good point... I did ask one of the mechanics, not the service manager, "How mod friendly is this dealeship?" they should tell ya... Mine is very mod friendly, unless it is an obvious fail due to mods they will usually fix it, at least that is what I was told and the individual that I sopke to I would tend to believe, heis a good guy.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Keep in mind if you take it to the dealer and they reflash the ecu. Your accessport probably gets officially bricked. You should unmarry the accessport to keep this from happening. I have seen people opensource flash over there accessport flash and your accessport becomes a paperweight.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Uninstall to be safe and not lose $400 for COBB to unmarry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts