Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Cusco 2 Zero E's on my 5 door. Does anyone know how difficult it is to adjust the height of the car using the Cusco supplied wrenches? Do I need a lift and do the wheels have to come off? Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Def need a lift and need to take the wheels off.. at least thats how I had to do it with my tein coilovers on my car. Make sure you raise/lower all of them the same amount. Take measurments before you do anything then after you finish and make sure everything is the same height. Its actually really easy to do , don't know if its the same for the Cusco..

·
Registered
954 Posts
well, i have BC coil overs but im assuming they are similar. the wheels dont need to come off, you can work around them, but you need to get them off the ground. you can do it one at a time. to do the fronts, cut the wheel all the way to right. this will give you access to the lock collars, and since the wheel is cut the right, when you go to loosen it the wheel wont turn. works on both sides. the rear is a little trickier cause their is slightly less room back there. if you are going for like a 2" drop on your coil overs, your probably goin to want to take the rear wheel offs to save time, frustration, and your knuckles. if your just adjusting, you can leave the wheels on. good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I am thinking I might have to raise the car and inch or so if we get too much snow. Right now it would make a pretty good snow plow.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I usually do the height adjustment with wheels on and off the ground one at a time. For max performance, height adjustment with corner balancing, mark the threads, then raise and lower according to thread amounts. This lets you keep the corner balancing to a good degree.

Have fun :)

Almost forgot also mark alignment and readjust alignment camber mainly as the height adjustments do this to a good degree.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts