Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im look for light weight affordable rims 16-17inch that look good and tires for drag racing if any of you guys have some ideas or know what works it would be great to hear from you thanks

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
a place to start, but not always the place to end: is www.tirerack.com

You can research wheels based on their price, offset, diameter, width, looks, and it will usually recommend tire sizes for the wheels as well, although tirerack tends to be overly conservative in what tire sizes they recommend for certain wheels.

If you find a set of wheels or tires that you really like, i would shop around for a better price, unless you want tirerack to mount and balance your wheels with choices of tires so all you have to do is put them on the car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what the widest tire you can fit on a 16x7.5 ??? or what the best tire size for dragracing im thinking 16rim 235/55/16 size tire tell me what you think

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
On tire rack, find the brand and size you want to buy...under the specs section I think, it will tell you what size rim it will fit on.

A 235 *should* fit on a 7.5...but it would be the maximum you should probably put on it. I run a 225 on a 7" with no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts