Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are pleased to announce that we have the all new AEM Wrinkle Red air intake in stock. We are selling them for only $262.80 Shipped in the Continental U.S.

AEM is proud to introduce its new Cold Air Induction System for the 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX and WRX STI (part # 21-478WR). The largest power gains for the 21-478WR (tested on STI) are 36 horsepower at 5,300 RPM and 35 lbs/ft of torque at 5,300 RPM as measured on an All-Wheel-Drive Mustang Dynamometer. The same kit tested on a WRX model generated 13 horsepower at 5,500 RPM and 14 lbs/ft of torque at 4,100 RPM on an All-Wheel-Drive Mustang Dynamometer.

Purchase here: http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=7746

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2 intakes sold today! Thank you. We have a bunch in stock ready to ship. If you are West Coast, we will ship from our West Coast distributor to help with ship times as well :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 intakes sold today! Thank you. We have a bunch in stock ready to ship. If you are West Coast, we will ship from our West Coast distributor to help with ship times as well :)
1 was mine!!!

ordered it monday morning and got here wensday after noon!!!!!

wow!!! it was quick cheap and easy ;)
Actually we weren't a vendor until Tuesday. Ordered Tuesday and you received Wednesday :)

Thanks again. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Do u guys know if this would work ok with the COBB AP? Im currently running Perrin Stage 1 map and was interested in this intake but didn't know if it'd make me run lean.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Do u guys know if this would work ok with the COBB AP? Im currently running Perrin Stage 1 map and was interested in this intake but didn't know if it'd make me run lean.
I don't think stg1 or 2 maps are tuned for intake. I would look on Cobb's site.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm still holding out for a few more user reviews of the product. I'm having a hard time accepting a 36 HP gain on my Sti with just a CAI. Nothing personal, but sales folks can't always be trusted. :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi there,

Can this AEM CAI fit the Impreza MY08 1.5R 5D mode?

Btw, I'm staying in Singapore. Can you adivse me on the cost to ship it over and roughly how long it will take to reach me?

Thanks.

Jeremy Chan
Singapore

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I'm still holding out for a few more user reviews of the product. I'm having a hard time accepting a 36 HP gain on my Sti with just a CAI. Nothing personal, but sales folks can't always be trusted. :)
It's true. However.....

I have been to the testings here in CA. AEM, Injen, K&N 30+whp gain w/o tune is due to boost increases of almost 2 psi and AFRs in the mid 12, low 13 range. You will not see these gains if tuned. If your car is tuned, then you slap on a CAI the expected gain is 5 whp. Ideal conditions show 10 or more. Best thing though is how quickly IATs drop to ambient. They can say ok w/o tune because the legal loophole is that if you do nothing else to the car it will be ok. verify, the only people who show boost in the dynos is Ultimate Racing and Perrin. Note that the boost comes up about 1.5 psi, more in some places. AFRs are posted with Perrin. "car breathes easier, hence more boost... a little more boost, a little leaner... about 12.7"-- on CAI w/o tune from Perrin website

1 - 20 of 32 Posts