Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afta-Maf + K&N drop in review

Well seeing as Subaru dropped the SPT CAI and I was to scared to go with a non Subaru approved brand (untuned).
I decided to go with a Perrin Afta-Maf along with a K&N drop in. I did both at the same time so I can't break
up the review. I had few K&N drop in's before on non turbo cars and I can say I never noticed a bit of difference
after installing them. However, with this set up It does appear to make the car breath easier. I did notice an improved throttle response and ever so slightly more sound from the BOV. I'm hoping to get a few more MPG out of it as well but
time will tell.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Re: Afta-Maf + K&N drop in review

I have had this set up since I have owned the car and love it.. You can hear the BPV more especally on cold mornings.. but As for a a different feeling I dont know they have been on since day one so I have no imput on that..

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

Perrin did a write up on this as well and yup you should definitely have the improvements you mentioned. I think the netted a 3-5whp increase with added throttle response as well.

Glad ur happy :)

·
Registered
496 Posts

I have been runnin this setup as well since I got rid of my harman motive intake. Although I have an avo filter and avo MAF hose. I love it as well!!

·
Registered
382 Posts

Perrin did a write up on this as well and yup you should definitely have the improvements you mentioned. I think the netted a 3-5whp increase with added throttle response as well.

Do you have a link to this writeup? I was unable t locate it on their site. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
496 Posts

Do you have a link to this writeup? I was unable t locate it on their site. Thanks in advance.
+1 I'd like to see that write up as well

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

It's gonna take a while to find in Nasioc so if any of you remember where it is please post.
I think the topic started out with foam vs cotton and other oil less air filters.

I will search for it again when I have time.

·
Registered
382 Posts

Well, I went ahead and ordered a similar setup. Should have it within a week, will post impressions here.
I did search Nasioc for that writeup but was unsuccessful.

·
Registered
496 Posts

Well, I went ahead and ordered a similar setup. Should have it within a week, will post impressions here.
Which filter and which tube and how much did you pay?

·
Registered
382 Posts

I got the PErrin tube during the T-day 10% offering.
Picked up the K&N filter as I already have a cleaning kit for it and its the filter that the XPT OS tune specifically was tuned around.
Total was $70.

·
Registered
496 Posts

I got the PErrin tube during the T-day 10% offering.
Picked up the K&N filter as I already have a cleaning kit for it and its the filter that the XPT OS tune specifically was tuned around.
Total was .
Any updates on how you like this setup?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts