Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 wrx with OEM exhaust, AEM intake and cobb accessport.

Hmmm, so I bought an invidia divorced catless dp (when I was buying I neglected boost creep talk on forums, geez newb) and I am trying to do what I can to prevent boost creep from happening (hahaha I live in midwest).
I don't want to install EWG and I don't want to port my wastegate outlet on turbo housing.

My question is if anyone used an aftermarket (Turbosmart or AOV) IWG to fight against boost creep?

They say they are better performing (I'm guessing more ideal spring rates) and have adjustable actuator arms (2g wrx had adjustable actuators and I heard that helped prevent creep).

I'm also going to use Torque Performance tune because using my Cobb will not support the catless dp and I heard Eric was a cool dude .

I might also sell the brand new in the box dp and buy a catted one.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The boost creep is an issue where the wastegate itself cannot flow enough exhaust. So when you are getting boost creep, the wastegate is fully open and cannot flow enough, open is open no matter what actuator you have. Your options are porting, ewg (both of which you said you didn't want to do), catted downpipe, lose the intake or change turbos. My tuner has said that going back to OEM exhaust, I could prevent the boost creep since it would be a choke point. Pretty much you either have to allow the wastegate to flow more, or the engine to flow less. Unless you go new turbo, which opens up a lot more things lol.

Reactions: ether947

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm using my OEM exhaust, so that helps. I was hoping it was a duty cycle deal (that's why springs and actuator stuff would matter)....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Unfortunately, not on boost creep. It's purely a function of the IDI turbos having too small of a wastegate to flow that much air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts