Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing an Avic D3 in my 08 WRX in a couple of days and am trying to locate the VSS, Reverse, and Illumination wires. So I've read a number of threads on the topic at every WRX forum I can think of trying to figure out where all these wires are on the 08 wrx's. I haven't been able to figure anything out since most of the things that I've read on the 08's have conflicted with one another.

I've heard that there is no vss, that it is the pink and green wire under the glovebox on the large white connector, I've heard that it is located somewhere else under the dash near the ecu. Then there is the wiring explanation that was posted either here or on nasioc that seems to completely conflict with what people have experienced wiring-wise. The VSS and reverse wire seem to be the most elusive. I, like most people who shell out big bucks for an in-dash nav want to make full use of it and use VSS, and I'd personally rather not have to run a wire all the way back to the reverse lights when there is a simple, more reliable solution.

So anyway, and I'm sure that there are a bunch of other people who are trying to figure out the same thing, but can someone please give a definitive answer on where these wires that are required for aftermarket in-dash nav installs are specifically located as well as their colors? Pictures would be helpful, but I'll take anything I can get to sort this out. Please only respond with solid, actual information, speculation and "maybe" comments are not helpful.

Again, this is something that a lot of people are confused about and will continue to be confused about when installing Nav systems, so you would be helping a lot of us.

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Pictures would be helpful, but I'll take anything I can get to sort this out. Please only respond with solid, actual information, speculation and "maybe" comments are not helpful.
I've read all the forums about this too and there is no definitive answer to your vss questions. You might have to settle for speculations and maybes. Who knows, you could be the one that figures it out?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I havn't followed this but this is what i was told. I installed a Z2. As for backup light I dont know if your doing the xm/serius, but its recommended to have antenna on back and might as well run the backup wire as well. Sorry for the Unconfirmed info havent gotton around to finalizing all my wiring/xm and all the other crap that came with this thing. I will tell you if "vss" turns out to be a pain, without it its dead on. hope this helps.

Caracer22
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"i've found speedsense in an easier spot... its pink/green at the cluster pin 32

the cluster comes out pretty easy.. drop the lower dash then pull the shroud towards the wheel then two phillips and the cluster is out the ecu"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts