Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Perrin is making a decent amount of parts I believe for the 08 wrx they already have a complete test car build up going on.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Here is a list that I complied with different websites that have stuff for the new subie:

www.rallitek.com

www.ultimate-racing.com

www.perrinperformance.com - most of the legacy stuff works for the new subie

www.scoobytuner.com

www.vividracing.com - they have a lot of suspension stuff

www.oakos.com

www.eliteautosport.net

This is what I have found thus far, and they update their sites frequently. Also, ultimate-racing is on ebay, and I got a pretty good deal on some stuff from them with best offer. Check it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone install the Ultimate Racing Cold Air Intake? im so close to ordering it but i wanted to hear some feedback on it first, or to know if i should be patient and wait like a month or two for new mods

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I have one on order. It should be here Friday. I will let you know how it works. It looks good from the pictures. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
125 Posts
im still new to tuning so bare with me

i plan on getting an intake as well, what will everyone be using to reflash?

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Tryn to deside what BOV to get.. Perrin recirc. or Turbo XS. Any input would help. Thanks again fellas!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Tryn to deside what BOV to get.. Perrin recirc. or Turbo XS. Any input would help. Thanks again fellas!
actually, if you are thinkin of a recirc BOV, why don't u just use the stock BOV? The point of changing the BOV is for the sound and for holding on to higher boost. However, since i'm sure your boost is still close to stock, i say stick to stock.

It'll be different if you were looking for non-recirc bov.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'm new with the turbo world sorry for dumb Q's. :-\ I thought upgrading the BOV would allow the turbo to "spin" longer and hold the boost??? Thanks for the quick feed back!! :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well, supporting mods are always a plus. The stock BOV is just fine for stock boost, if you don't plan on going any faster. I did a boost leak test while still stock and discovered the stock BOV had a boost leak. So i put on my new BOV and eliminated that issue while enabling the engine to hold more boost too. I would say get the BOV that you want, but recirculate it. I went to Home Depot and looked through the plumbing section for pieces to make it recirculate for dirt cheap. i spent like .59 cents.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Thanks OGB! Faster is what I'm looking for.., just don't know where to begin. I usually just did ur typical blt ons, CAI,exhaust,Throttle body...Blah blah.. Just tryn to fig. out where to start with the "sleeper" ;) w/ out going overboard right away. Was also thinkn about doing the AEM tru boost.. Like all of us i have a hole burning in my pocket but don't wannna rush and get the first product to come out for these new 08's. Any info would be appreciated!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts