Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
dont know if that is any good or not, but in general, by subaru world (forums etc) i was told to stay away from agency power.......not my opinion, but just what i heard..........

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah I've never read anything about it myself. The kit looks pretty well made but you can't tell much from pictures I guess.

·
Registered
577 Posts
looks great in there!

I have heard good things about their stuff.

I may consider this as well as the SPT

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
not sure if this holds true but Agency Power = Vivid Racing
However, when I had my tC and was on the tC boards, they seem to like Agency Power stuff.

·
Registered
577 Posts
they had that prototype one that picked up 33 hp ::)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't know why everyone on this board is so hopped up on intakes. Your money is better spent elsewhere for a mostly stock WRX/STI.
On like.... What????? :-\
The stock intake is more than sufficient for what the stock turbo can handle, and every single aftermarket intake changes the airflow over the MAF sensor. If you want more power and sound from a turbo Subaru, install a turbo-back exhaust and get a protune. If you're going to do anything to the intake side, upgrade the intercooler.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I don't know why everyone on this board is so hopped up on intakes. Your money is better spent elsewhere for a mostly stock WRX/STI.
The stock intake is more than sufficient for what the stock turbo can handle, and every single aftermarket intake changes the airflow over the MAF sensor. If you want more power and sound from a turbo Subaru, install a turbo-back exhaust and get a protune. If you're going to do anything to the intake side, upgrade the intercooler.
+1

·
Registered
114 Posts
+1 billion

·
Registered
214 Posts
On the vehicles that I've installed intakes on, the air intake has increased HP and MPG on any vehicle I've owned in a sufficient manner. So what makes this car SO much different were an intake is a waste?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it was Sean at Rallitek that said the stock intakes are good above 300 HP. Plus you need a tune to make them run right (people are gonna argue that), at which point you don't know if you are getting gains from the intake or the tune. For me it's one of those things you buy when you already have everything else just because it looks and sounds cool.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
On the vehicles that I've installed intakes on, the air intake has increased HP and MPG on any vehicle I've owned in a sufficient manner. So what makes this car SO much different were an intake is a waste?
not saying it's a waste, just a lot of uncertainty on what affects it has. Yes, +HP and +MPG is nice, but at what cost? The stock WRX runs VERY lean in the lower RPMs.

·
Registered
214 Posts
not saying it's a waste, just a lot of uncertainty on what affects it has. Yes, +HP and +MPG is nice, but at what cost? The stock WRX runs VERY lean in the lower RPMs.
Maybe I should throw in a HHO unit instead, huh? :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts