Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an air splitter on my Forester turbo and thought id make one for the wrx, the air splitter is designed to push some of the air to the front of the intercooler rather than the back getting all the air. I made it out of thin gal metal and bent it to shape with a malet. You cant see it, but i recon it should do the job and increase the intercollers efficiency. ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it works, dropping the temp in the intercooler by up to 12c {engineers figures not mine}. I also vented more air to oem cold air intake shroud by removing some of the bonnet rubber and blocking some dead air space with compressed foam which is forcing more cold air in at speed. Ive read threads where people are removing these cold air intake shouds???? [im sure the engineers wanted the air box finnished properly, but the bean counters won out in the end and these holes and after thought rubbers are the result]. These are basically free minor mods, and after just doing 7000ks up the east coast of oz and the nt it makes a difference when travelling over 80kph, quicker response is definatley noticable. PS the cruise control only works up to 150kph, i tried it on a track ::)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts