Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, 08 N/A Impreza here in NH. Well it seems like the spring isn't strong enough to push the fuel door open to me. Even when the car is clean and dry, pulling the lever barely moves the door to the open position. Add some salt, snow, or even water and that thing just doesn't move. I've sat at gas stations like a surgeon clearing every last little speck of non-car material from around this thing, running to the drivers side, pulling the lever 4 or 5 times, then running all the way back around to see that it hasn't opened.

Tell me I'm not the only one... and if I am, I hope you all experience this now (I'm a spiteful, bitter person :p )

Oh, and welcome to my first post.

-Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
It sounds like it's repeatable... I would probably just bring it to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty. Good luck!

-Joe

·
Registered
519 Posts
I live in Utah so it has seen nothing but snow, ice, and salt and haven't experienced that. I would take it to the dealer too.

Seth

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lot of crappy raod junk in Oregon, and no issues w/ the fuel door.
It doesn't open with a lot of force, or open very far though.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Mine has done that a couple of times. All I did was bend the tab inside the Gas cap area a little, and I have had no more problems. I agree, the sprng is a little weak.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey all, 08 N/A Impreza here in NH. Well it seems like the spring isn't strong enough to push the fuel door open to me. Even when the car is clean and dry, pulling the lever barely moves the door to the open position. Add some salt, snow, or even water and that thing just doesn't move. I've sat at gas stations like a surgeon clearing every last little speck of non-car material from around this thing, running to the drivers side, pulling the lever 4 or 5 times, then running all the way back around to see that it hasn't opened.

Tell me I'm not the only one... and if I am, I hope you all experience this now (I'm a spiteful, bitter person :p )

Oh, and welcome to my first post.

-Rob
Rob,

I am having the same problem but for now i just put some duct tape on that plastic level that pushes down. Just put some duct tape on it and it should be good...Im going to the dealer next week to see what we can do to fix this issue. But ya i just got sick of having two people just to open the stupid gas door. Let me know if you still have this problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, after investigating it a bit further, I did what a previous poster did and bent the tab inboard a little. The tab with the black rubber piece, I just pushed towards the car pretty hard. Doesn't take much, but boy it's 100% better. I can launch a gascap 20' now I bet.

Hope this helps someone...

-RP

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried bending the tab in and it didn't help. I'm at the dealer now and will report on what they do to fix the problem.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts