Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to upgrade the premium stereo with amps and a sub but I know nothing on the subject. Any help on good brands and suggested amp size. And sub. Also do I need to change my speakers? I do have the premium stereo. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
it's a very complicated question to answer believe it or not. are u a big audiophile? or u jus want some bass to go with ur music? how loud do u want ur bass to be? how much do u care about sound quality?

im somewhat of an audiophile and i care a lil bit bout both loudness and clarity. a lot of ppl will tell u to change the stock head unit as a start in building a good system. as for me i want to keep my steering wheel controls intact. besides the stock headunit has the 6cd changer and it reads mp3s as well. anyways so like i said since i am somewhat of an audiophile, im getting component speakers front and back and im gonna power those with a four channel amp. i will get two line out converters to do this. and i'll also be adding another amp that will power 2 subs. that's how i want my setup.

in the end it's ur choice. depending on ur preference and ur budget u'll have to come up with ur own setup. good luck

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
kicker and JL audio make some good sub and box combos, all you need is an amp. i prefer kicker, there the shizzle. go on ebay and look around you can get socme really cheap refurbs. If your looking to do it all yourself check out my how to in the do it yourself section.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have to agree on this one, both sub size and brand are going to depend on personal preference. I personally am an alpine junky so i have a 12" type r powered by an mrp-f650. It creates the right amount of bass for me but it may not be right for everyone. You're best bet is going to be to try to find other people's systems to listen to in person to help you gauge exactly what it is you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts