Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Wags was having a few issues and I decided to give her a break for a while until someone else could love her. I picked up my Obsidian Black Pearl 08 WRX 5 Door Hatch on Wed. It was sad to leave wags behind, as we have been through a lot of good times together, but it is ok.

So far I have done a few things to the WRX, only cosmetic for now, the fun stuff comes this week. She, whom I haven’t decided on a name for yet, is now sporting a STI grill, and a couple different sets of wheels. I have basic stage 2 parts waiting for the 1000 mile mark to install though. Only 55 miles left and then I can give her, her first go fast gift. Tim Bailey of Surgeline Tuning is coming into town next week and he was going to tune my RS, but since it lost 2nd gear I figured what a good chance to have him tune the 08.

Enjoy

2008 WRX 5 Door Hatch with Premium Package
STI Pedals
Sport Grill – swapped out for the STI grill now
Armrest Ext.
Cargo Tray
Homelink Mirror

I plan on doing a few cosmetic things such as the STI wing, and body colored trim piece between the lights, as well as the redout tails. I am no sure which wheels I like best, but either way it needs a drop as well haha

The day I picked her up

Day 2 – Now sporting the Cosmic Blue 18” P45F’s

Later on Day 2 – Swapped out the grills

Today – Picked up a set of 17” Gold G-forces and removed the IMPREZA from the rear hatch

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
99 2.5RS v5 EJ207g VF22 Swapped

This has been a car that I dreamed about owning. I had a friend back in 03 who had a swapped RS that I fell in love with. I was able to make my dream a reality after a 540 mile drive to Alabama. I will admit that I don't believe in buying someone else's project car, but this one was an exception to that rule. I must say that this is one of the best looking RS's that I have personally seen. I have not done most of the hard work to his car which makes me a bit sad, but I will continue on what has been started. I have already started improvements and upgrades so only time will tell what her true potential will be.

I lost 2nd gear in her a couple weeks ago now, so I am waiting for my JDM STI 5MT to get here. I am looking forward to having a trans that can actually handle the power lol

--------------------------THE MOD LIST-------------------------

Suspension:
•Tein S Tech Springs
•KYB GR-2 Struts
•STi Group N Strut Top Hats (Front and Rear)
•Specialty Products Camber Kits (Front and Rear)
•Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
•STi Aluminum Front Control Arms
•STi GM6 Uniball Front Endlinks
•Whiteline BSF33Z 22mm Adjustable Front Sway Bar w/ urethane bushings
•20mm WRX Rear Sway Bar w/Super Pro Polyurethane bushings
•JNorth Fender Braces

Braking:
•WRX Fender Liners with Brake Ducts
Stoptech Front and Rear Slotted Rotors
Axxis Ultimate Front and Rear Pads

Engine:
•JDM Version 5 Type R (EJ207)
•IHI VF22 Turbo
•Samco Silicone Radiator Hoses
•Legacy Turbo Cross member
•Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
•JNorth Radiator Shroud
•SPT Bosal 3 inch Stainless Turbo Back Exhaust w/ Kartboy XL Exhaust Hangers
•STi Group N Motor Mounts
•2004 USDM STi Intercooler
•Perrin BOV
•K&N Drop in Filter

Drivetrain:
•Kartboy Shifter Bushings
•Kartboy Rear Shifter Bushing
•Kartboy Transmission Cross member Bushings
•Kartboy Short Shift Lever
•Turn In Concepts Pivot Bushings
•STi Group N Transmission Mount
•STi Group N Pitch Mount
•Z1 Auto Stainless Steel Clutch Line
•ACT Street Flywheel
•ACT Street Clutch

Exterior:
•SPO Motorsports Clear corner lights
•Genuine STi Version 6 Grill
•Genuine STi Trunk Emblem
•Genuine STi Fog Covers
•Genuine STi Fog Light Cover Brackets
•Genuine STi 22B Hood Vents
•Flat Fuel Door Mod with JDM metal door
•Yellow Rockblocker Fog Film

Interior:
•Custom Black Ultrasuede Headliner
•Interior Pieces Custom painted Satin Black
•Genuine Subaru Blue STi Carpet
•Genuine Subaru Blue STi Floor Mats
•JDM Version 7 STi Front seats
•JDM Version 7 Rear seat
•Genuine STi 5 speed Carbon Fiber Emblem
•STi Key
•2005 STi E-Brake Handle
•Custom made E-Brake Boot from Auger Automotive Boots
•Version 3 STi Nardi Steering Wheel
•Variable Intermittent Wiper Stalk
•Carbon Fiber 60mm Guage Pod
•OEM Trunk Light Kit
•OEM Center Gauge Pod
•Autometer Phantom Boost Gauge #5703

Audio:
•Alpine CDA-9856
‚Ä¢Alpine SPR-17LS 6 ¬? Type R Components (Front)
•Optima Red Top
•KnuKonceptz wiring

Here are some pics from this past weekend.

And a little photochop

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was Wags..I traded her in for the 08 WRX

05 Legacy GT Limited 5MT Wagon

I had an 06 Legacy 2.5i Se for about 11 months before I decided to search for what I really wanted to begin with, the very elusive 05 5MT Legacy GT Wagon . I searched for a couple weeks before I found one semi-local that I was going to buy, but that guy changed his mind. So after another few weeks of searching across the country I found her. An obsidian black pearl, 5MT Limited with Black Leather and the HUGE sunroof. The problem was that it was located 550 miles away in Virginia, so I made a call to the dealership to see if they would work with me. I got them to give me an awesome price for trade, and an even better price for the wagon. The next day I left around noon and got to the area ,where I have a friend that I stayed with, the next morning I went to the dealership to check her out. I drove her and it was like love at first shift, smooth, comfortable, and so much potential. I signed the papers and drove my baby 550 miles back home where the modding began. The first day I got home we swapped over the wheels, HID, grill, lip, suspension, short shifter and shift knob. A week later I started ordering power mods, and have loved every min of time that I my husband and I have put into this car. I still have some plans for it although right now I am trying to keep the miles down, plus the RS is my new toy :)

--------------------------THE MOD LIST-------------------------

Fuel & Tuning:
  • Cobb AccessPort Pro Tune by Tim @ Surgeline Tuning (260WHP / 310WTQ)
  • 91 Unleaded
Exhaust / Intake:
  • Perrin 3" Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe
  • XO2 3‚Äù Catless Exhaust
  • GT One piece header/up
  • Stock Airbox with Perrin Panel Filter
Drivetrain:
  • Kartboy Short Shifter
  • Greddy counterweight knob
Suspension:
  • TEIN H-tech Springs
Brakes:
  • Stock for now
Wheels & Tires:
  • Rota P45F 18x8‚Äù in Cosmic Blue
  • Azenis 615 235/40/18
  • Stock wheels with 225/45/17 Falken 912‚Äôs
Interior:
  • Cubbypod I
  • STRI Boost and EGT gauges
Exterior:
  • 6000k HID
  • RBS Mesh Grill
  • STI V-Limted front lip
  • Debadged
  • Medium Tint Rear, Light Tint Front
  • Tinted rear tails and reverse lights

The day I picked her up, with the 2.5i next to her

The next day hehe the modding has begun

More new parts

In action at a local club road rally

The way she sits now for winter

At her Protune with Tim Bailey of Surgeline 260whp and 310wtq on the "dream crusher" dyno lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last but not least, the Forester XT. This is my husband's daily driver, and our road trip car. It is actually a lot of fun even though it is an auto. It is stock performance wise, but it might be stage 2 by the end of summer hehe

·
Registered
577 Posts
WELCOME AMY! ;D

you have great taste when it comes to modding! that legacy looks amazing. great job!

nice little subie family you have there! can't wait to see what becomes of your new little monster

·
Registered
345 Posts
your 2.5rs is amazing i lovvve thosse cars with the swaps im very jealous. Where are you located at 550miles away from va?

·
Registered
345 Posts
o also wanted to ask you real quick about the impreza emblem i want to take mine off was it just one of those sticky ones again? and do you know if the rest of the emblems on the back are like that too? thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
that's one heck of a "check out my rides" thread...nicely done! after reading about all the mods you've done prior to your '08...i can only imagine what (given a little time...and $) you'll do to your new toy ;)

"it has begun"
-b

·
Registered
717 Posts
nice rides. great taste!

·
Registered
646 Posts
ahh cosmic blue p45's are one of my dream wheels ...i love all the subys

·
Registered
706 Posts
I Likes them both...you have good taste.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'm speechless.... I luv those cosmic blues on the hatch!! The wag is a bad a$$ little monster!!! The RS is just..... Dope as hell!! Glad you joined 3G, you can teach us all a little something!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wow... wow! we've got alot to learn! haha

And you're the first to swap out the grille for a modified stock grille. But it looks nice too!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. I love all my cars in different ways, the RS is a blast, lightweight and full of spunk. The 08WRX feels solid and is very comfy. The FXT is the perfect blend of sport and utility and comes in handy. I will admit that I am going to miss the LGT, esp the giant sunroof that goes to the backseat, but I will get over it haha.

I actually take pride in knowing that other people appreciate what I have done to my cars. Sometimes it isn't always the expected thing to be done, but it in my mind being unique is good, to an extent.

The WRX is getting the Perrin TMIC and Downpipe from the LGT after work today and a custom 3" midpipe tomorrow. I don't want it to be crazy loud since it is my daily, but I don't want a lot of restriction either. I am going to do a few suspension mods, and a few more cosmetics and then it's done for a while. My husband told me that I can't go crazy on the daily b.c that is what the RS is for .

Oh and regarding the grill, it isn't a modified stock one, it is an 08 STI grill from my buddies car. He didn't like it and I did so we swapped lol.

Oh, and I am from the Cincinnati/N.KY area, which was 550 miles from DC/VA where I picked up the LGT last year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
o also wanted to ask you real quick about the impreza emblem i want to take mine off was it just one of those sticky ones again? and do you know if the rest of the emblems on the back are like that too? thanks
Yeah it is just sticky tape on it, but they are all individual letters on this car. The only one that you can't take off really is the actual oval Subaru Stars emblem in the center b.c it is built into the chrome piece. The rest of the Subaru Impreza WRX are just letters with tape.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Very nice... Great eye-candy for work boredom!

·
Registered
345 Posts
good to hear thanks i think im gonna take off the subaru and the impreza

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice little stable you and your husband have got going there! Made me daydream of the wife taking an actual interest in any car beyond the price tag and/or colour, me having the time/money/space to actually own a stable of cars that I could drive each day, so on and so forth haha...

Anyway, they're all nice looking cars, tastefully modded. Look forward to seeing your cars and your subaru addiction evolve.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
WELCOME! OMG, the 05 Legacy wagon 2.5gt 5mt FTW! I am, in fact, a wagon guy. And that car looks UNREAL. Love all the black Subies! The wrx is beautiful.

joneSi

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WELCOME! OMG, the 05 Legacy wagon 2.5gt 5mt FTW! I am, in fact, a wagon guy. And that car looks UNREAL. Love all the black Subies! The wrx is beautiful.

joneSi
Thanks, I will miss it a bunch. We went to the dealership tonight and she is out on the used lot now, all dusty and sad. Although they did pull out the big dent in the fender that it had when I bought it so she looked nicer.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts