Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure whether this has been discussed before, but I was at my local Subaru dealer and saw this show car which had its STi gauges installed in an interesting position.
I think with the proper sticky tape, this could work (the one in the pic seem to be falling off. It eventually did, when I meddled with it after taking the pics. Whahahaha :D )

* Pardon the pic quality, it was dark, and I was lonely and scared.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
looks kinda to fare and head tiliting when dealing with gauges for me its beter to have it right in front of the driver :) IMO thats my .02

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i remembered, they routed the wire through the centre console, where the headunit is.

Personally I would prefer an installation that the wires cannot be seen.
I still prefer to have it the A-pillar, although its not so much "in-fashion" nowadays.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't like the A pillar layout... kinda obstructs vision and kinda in a very weird visual range from the eyes (too close)

·
Registered
421 Posts
having to look all the way to the side of the headunit just to glance at a gauge isn't very convenient or safe to do while you are driving. At least mounting the gauges in the standard locations won't require that you take your eyes off the road for so long.
actually, gauges are not meant to be read at all times.

Proper gauges are designed to beep or flash when they're out of limit. So you can have them anywhere on the dash and only look at them when they beep

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not sure whether this has been discussed before, but I was at my local Subaru dealer and saw this show car which had its STi gauges installed in an interesting position.
I think with the proper sticky tape, this could work (the one in the pic seem to be falling off. It eventually did, when I meddled with it after taking the pics. Whahahaha :D )

* Pardon the pic quality, it was dark, and I was lonely and scared.

Hey bibin!!! Sorry to hijack your thread but I see your center radio and A/C faceplate fits a double din radio perfectly. So far as I've seen japanparts has one available but it's the one with light silver up both side for the STI version. I noticed yours isn't and would like to know where you guys in Singapore buy your parts and maybe if you knew, or could find the part number so I can purchase that same dashplate for my WRX?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, Bolsak2, that's not my car, its a showroom car. It's an Impreza S-GT, JDM 2.0L turbo model.

If you want that center console faceplate, then you would have to get it from a S-GT.

Actually, I prefer the STi's faceplate specifically because of the 2 silver strips at the side, hehehe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts