Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have an 08 sedan. I have been waiting 5 months for the Perrin cat back to come out. I even bought the AP from them and got rid of my intake since it was not perrin (running stage one). I want to buy the two sections of downpipes from Perrin, but want to go stage two when the cat back comes out. I am sick of waiting for the cbe, does anyone know when it will really come out. Should i jump ship and go a different way? Get a different map, downpipe and a different cbe? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
i wouldn't worry to much about the downpipe having to be perrin personally. the cobb catted is cheaper and has only 1 cat as well. i don't think the perrin map will tell the difference. ;) there are so many ecu maps available amongst comrades here on this forum for whatever mods you have. there are alot of options out there now for cbe's too. just pick one and go stg 2 ftw! you can always sell an exhaust system easily on ebay if you don't like it. stg 2! stg 2! stg 2!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I would agree with REX... I have a Cobb DP (that I am installing today ;D) With a SPT CBE. IMO there is no need to worry about a full TBE by one manufacture. One thing to watch is the connection between the DP and the CBE.
Example:
Cobb 3" DP has a doughnut style connection that tapers to 2.5" at the CBE. Which Cobb did by design so that it would marry directly up to OEM CBE and SPT CBE on the other hand the Cobb DP is not just limited to a OEM or SPT CBE... there are aftermarket flanges purchased to complete the connection between different DP and CBE's. It is completely your choice

There are many stage 1 and 2 maps floating around, alls you need to do is ask ;). I am running a Perrin stage 1 map with an OEM DP and a SPT CBE...

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Okay, I have an 08 sedan. I have been waiting 5 months for the Perrin cat back to come out. I even bought the AP from them and got rid of my intake since it was not perrin (running stage one). I want to buy the two sections of downpipes from Perrin, but want to go stage two when the cat back comes out. I am sick of waiting for the cbe, does anyone know when it will really come out. Should i jump ship and go a different way? Get a different map, downpipe and a different cbe? Thanks.
Get whatever set up you prefer. Whatever brand etc etc.. If you really want the Perrin CBE you can wait for it from them.

As for the tunes OTS Stage 2 have large margins for allowance so as everyone states you wont get much of a difference. Even from a Perrin tune but COBB or other DP. I personally am not going the tapered type though. I want constant diameter up to the muffler which I still use the OEM unit. (STi so its not the pea-shooter diameter)

·
Registered
311 Posts
When I talked to Perrin i think they said december/january for their exhaust to come out for the Sedan. I am also looking to purchase all perrin parts except their intake but I might end up doing that so we will see.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Whoops removed post thought it was for hatch my bad
+red faced*

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
yea when I asked about the Perrin CBE for sedan they said about 3 months (this was in sept timeframe) BUT if you look on importimageonline.com they have the Perrin CBE for the sedan on their website.... You might want to email them and ask if it is actually the sedan version or they just messed up their webpage. It's listed at $905 for it so might be a good thing to look into.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts