Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having an issue with there Invidia Regular N1 Catback? Seems like the resinator is very close to the floor pan, and acually hits on the floor going over bumpy roads. Anyone else have anything like that? Would the Kartboy XL Hangars do the trick?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would suggest cobb or kartboy hangers. I have the racing version and I beleive if there was a resonator on mine it too would be hitting the floor because mine is very close.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have had no proublems with mine with stock hangers and i have put alot of miles on it.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I would guess that it would be determinant of the types of roads you are driving through. Even the stock unit will hit if there are large enough bumps you are driving through. Maybe additional or thicker hangers to stop it from going up and down.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I would get the kartboy hangers I have heard great things about them and If I replace mine it will be with those. but I have not had a problem with mine hitting I dont think when I drive on roads like that the stereo is usually blasting ;D

·
Registered
496 Posts
when I had the invidia on my 09 the flex joint hit on the pan, however my friend has it on his 08 w/out problems
Guys guys guys, listen, get the freakin race system already and you wont have to bother with a flex joint OR a resonator!! A cop was driving behind me for almost 2 miles right up my ass today and could care less as long as you dont drive like an asshole...

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I have been pulled over before for just having a modified exhaust
Me about half dozen times. Only on race exhausts though. Have someone test with a Db meter that exhaust noise is below 85 when revving to be sure. (I am in CA, don't know Db limits elsewhere)

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Not to worried about being pulled over.. although 1. I dont care... 2. I have fire plates so I would have to really be doing something stupid to get pulled over... 3. Most of the cops in the area I live Im friends with :) and or know there boss.. But I have a friend whos exhust is not nearly as loud as mine and gets pulled over constantly..

·
Registered
496 Posts
wow didnt realize people actually get pulled over for this sort of thing. Im actually going to consider throwing on the Perrin DP vs the Invidia, my car is really crankin from this cb already i wonder how much more noise il get from it with the invidia catted dp...

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had the race invidia installed today and I love it. It is not too loud at all. It has a great low end rumble, perfect for the car. There is no clearance problem for me. I am running to cobb stage 2 map right now. Is anyone with the invidia race exhaust running the perrin stage 2 map? If anyone is how does it run, do you notice a big difference to the cobb map? I am a sound designer so I am going to take my field recorder and a few of my mics to try to get a really good recording of the sound. Anyone know of a site that I can upload the .wav to and allow people to go and download that is free? But the exhaust if great and has no clearance issues on the 08wrx.

·
Registered
213 Posts
wow didnt realize people actually get pulled over for this sort of thing. Im actually going to consider throwing on the Perrin DP vs the Invidia, my car is really crankin from this cb already i wonder how much more noise il get from it with the invidia catted dp...
You havnt heard loud until you throw a dp in it

·
Registered
496 Posts
Have you heard the invidia race? it's pretty f***in loud...

BTW - PROPS TO SYSYPHUS FOR COMING OVER TO THE DARK SIDE!!! HOW AWESOME DOES IT SOUND MAN?!?!?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Have you heard the invidia race? it's pretty f***in loud...

BTW - PROPS TO SYSYPHUS FOR COMING OVER TO THE DARK SIDE!!! HOW AWESOME DOES IT SOUND MAN?!?!?
It sounds so much better then the youtube video could ever sound. That is why I want to record it in high quality and upload it somewhere for people to listen. It is just amazing

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok so here is my issue with the Invidia "race" I have been looking online and all of the ones that I see installed don't have the Plastic molding that my 08 hatch has.... I was wondering If anyone has a pic of it installed with that molding and if there was any differences??? and was the plastic ok???

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Molding as in like the rear difuser of the premium bumpers?

I have a base model and I have no problems and Im invidia N1 TBE...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts