Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my car for 6 months and the damn headlights have lots of condensation inside of them. Doesn't look like moisture, but it looks very, very cloudy and dirty. I've tried scrubbing them with a rag, soap, you name it and finally came to the conclusion that it's inside of the casing. Can this be covered under warranty? Will they replace them?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have trouble with my for lights cracking due to heat. i have had them replaced under warranty once and 1 is already cracked again. did you change any bulbs or anything?
I've never touched them other than trying to wash them.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have lived in Utah with cold and dry climate now Sout Carolina with hot and humid conditions and haven't had even a hint of condensation or cracking...knock on wood.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it to the stealership. They took one look at it and ordered a new pair and sent me on my way ;D I'll be getting a call next week to get them installed.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Wow! really glad I just read this thread!!! I just got done washing my car and noticed my headlights were foggy on the inside... at first I thought it may have been the soap I used, but after applying some wax to the outside of the headlight, I noticed it was on the inside.. At least I know it will be covered under warranty now :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Took it to the stealership. They took one look at it and ordered a new pair and sent me on my way ;D I'll be getting a call next week to get them installed.
that's good news...I've noticed condensation on the inside of my lights b4 but it's always cleared up on it's own...I'm glad to know it's covered if it causes a problem

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
First night I got my car I seen condensation in the D/S headlamp but that was the only time. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I have it in front and rear but only 1 cm from the outside frame. It does not affect lighting. Dealer stated normal and will only return if condensation reaches inner housing. The outside also has a clear film for UV protection thar looks rainbow if you are wearing polarized lenses. If ammonia products are used or anything else that damages tint, even the headlight polish that is available, the UV coat will not hold and the lenses become more prone to weather damage and cloudiness.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got back from the dealership and the headlights look soooo much better. Thank god.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have it in front and rear but only 1 cm from the outside frame. It does not affect lighting. Dealer stated normal and will only return if condensation reaches inner housing. The outside also has a clear film for UV protection thar looks rainbow if you are wearing polarized lenses. If ammonia products are used or anything else that damages tint, even the headlight polish that is available, the UV coat will not hold and the lenses become more prone to weather damage and cloudiness.
This is happening to me AGAIN!!! I've never washed the car with any ammonia products, only with Optimum No Rinse Car wash! This is pissing me off. When it gets worse, I'm going back to the dealer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive got it bad too, even since before i installed HID's...Also my D/S fog light cracked from heat.

im just chalking it up to a case of the "i dont really care enough to fix it's"
Weird...my DS foglight is cracked as well. I figured it was a rock. But the headlights are annoying me when I see my car fully clean. :'(

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Wow that sucks. Mine are holding up fine. Crosses fingers due to higher summer temps

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I just noticed mine have issues today. Did what you were seeing look like a hazy film on the lens? Mine look fine until I turn the lights on and then I see the haze in the lens. I had the dealer look at them today when I was there ordering some parts. They had a brand new WRX sitting right next to mine, he turned the lights on on the new one and it had a little haze to it, not as bad as mine. He suggested that since the new one was the same way I should contact Subaru.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I want to bring this thread back. I am having a terrible glaze over my headlights and I have seen those headlight restore kits at the auto store and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with this.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'll get a slight yellowing in my passenger side headlight only. I had bought that 3M restore kit ($25) from autozone to restore my bugeye headlights a couple years back with awesome results. I just use that 3M headlight restore polish along with the small orange buffing pad that came in the kit and it makes them like new. I do it once every couple months.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts