Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering getting the OEM crossbar to put on the WRX the the winter months with the Ski adaptor so i was wondering if some of you have a pic of what it look like ?

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
You mean the rack?

Check out my photos in the member's rides section...

The first set of pics have them on it...

They look fine, just make an annoying whistling if they're on...

I keep em in my trunk unless I've got my surfboards...

~Mike

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx.. im looking for getting this along with the ski rack and the bike rack for occasional use... never see it closely but is it safe for the paint around the leg and you put it on and off all the time ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the OE roof rack. I only install it when i actually put things on my roof. Usually stay on for a weekend then take it off. I just do a quick clean where the mounts are in case there's some dirt that can scratch the paint. So far, it's been paint safe.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Just go with the thule one it ends up being cheaper that the OEM one at least where I live it is and it looks better too..

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the rack itself im not settle for either OEM or aftermarket... bar i want the OEM crossbar for sure

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did you happen to see a pic yet? I installed my roof rack + bike racks for this weekend. One of the back racks is the Thule Peleton, while the other one is home made :D

If you want some pics, give me a shout (and of what angles). Don't mind the dirty car - it was detailed 3 days ago, but I live in a construction zone!

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Just in case,

(haha I hate that picture because my car looks so different now)

They have rubber bases and a piece that slides into the notch in the roof...

Doesn't mess with the paint at all, one wing bolt for each corner and you're done...

Easy on easy off...

Total time to get it out of the trunk, on the car, and strap down my surf boards is 5-10 minutes top...

~Mike

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Just go with the thule one it ends up being cheaper that the OEM one at least where I live it is and it looks better too..
Where did you get the thule stuff so cheap? How much did you end up paying and what did you get specifically? Does it use the factory mounting locations or does it strap down near the weatherstripping on the doors like most other aftermarket racks?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts