Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
total nube here.... this is my first post i will bring some pics as soon as i can!

im for sure going to remove the decals on the trunk lid but im wondering how it would look if i removed the decals AND painted the ugly ass chrome strip above the lisence plate the same color as the car (blue). has anyone done either or both? btw im talking about the wrx sedan not 5d.. thanks!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
havent seen any debadged sedan IIRC
I think somebody did post a pic of a painted strip sedan but it eas a white one, not WR blue
welcome btw

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
heres mine

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
total nube here.... this is my first post i will bring some pics as soon as i can!

im for sure going to remove the decals on the trunk lid but im wondering how it would look if i removed the decals AND painted the ugly ass chrome strip above the lisence plate the same color as the car (blue). has anyone done either or both? btw im talking about the wrx sedan not 5d.. thanks!!
Shave it down (debadge) then prime and paint.!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys!! thats exactly what i was lookin for 424.... i think im going to take it to a paint shop so i know its done right (i trust myself doing a lot of things but painting my car is not one)

i read that wd40 is one of the best things to remove the letters and possibly a blow dryer or heat gun... does anyone have an easy way to remove all the letters without damaging my clearcoat?

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
thanx for the compliment.i painted it myself.it looks good but a paint shop would be the way to go.mine isnt a perfect match.might redo one day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
btw... wD40 works awesome with some fishing line and a cloth to get all the rubbery crap off when removing the decals. i will post the pic of the painted chrome strip when it gets done this week or next

·
Registered
519 Posts
I just used a hair drier and fishing line it worked awesome. The just a little elbow grease and the left over sticky stuff comes off and cleans up nice. As for the chrome strip, I am no good with paint so I am going to wait and hopefully someone will come out with a replacement.

Seth

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice looks good. Have the same car and just got 20% tint put on all around looks great. Will definetly have to debadge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts