Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent had time to play around my my door panel, but is it the same speaker size as the old wrx ?

Im actually working in car audio but im not ready yet to play around with the wrx setup, i got my nice system on my SVT already

Im definitly not considering changing the HU for now cause of the aux. the 6CD steering conrol and the Sirius receiver n im not thinking about a woofer either

juste a good amp, lineout converter/processor and good speaker will do the job

·
Registered
44 Posts
me and the audio place kept the factory head unit for now. i dont have a premium package car as i like to add my own extras. i think there 6.5 in the doors as i only had factory door speakers i just cant decise what to do with the mids and highs at this time we put in 3 sony gtr amps and 2 kicker cvr 10's right now im just debating on what to do with the componets. all amps are in i just need to decide what other speakers to run in the carand head unit

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im getting pretty settled for my setup actully

im gonna run with the factory unit, throught a RF 3SIXTY.2 with a eXcelon amps and 2 set of energy, will see later for the sub, like i said my kickass sound system is already in my SVT

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I removed my door panel and i can confirm that the front is 6.5" two-way speaker, They are actualy pretty decent, all silver weaven fiberglass 20RMS, and lots of clerance behing (not like the older generation

i guess the rear use the same size but cannot confirm yet

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i should have take pic and make a how to:

anyway you got the 2 screw in the door handle (uper and lower handle)

after that you need to pry out (with a plastic tool, no screwdriver) and unclip the lower handle plastic (where the window button is)

after that there is 2 other screw hidden behind that part

you unclip the upper tweeter

after that everything is just clip all around, you start by the lower part, and when you are done you just slide up the door panel near the window

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Photos probably would have been great. I will try to follow your instructions. I will take photos when I am doing and post them. It will be a couple weeks before I can get to it.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will also take pic on do a proper how to: next time i will removed the panel, which will not be until i installed the speaker... but seriously i was very impressed by the quality of those OEM speaker (got premium system with no NAV)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts