Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
this should be in the want to buy section ;)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I'm looking for some stock 09 springs for my 08.
Will still blow dampers unless you upgrade them also.
How about "anyone put coilovers on their 09 yet?"

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Are there any struts available yet?
Not stateside yet. Just saying that if you want the 09 springs, you should get the 09s entire assembly. COmes with STi top hats, new dampers, along with the springs.

This way you will be balanced and not run the risk of running unmatched spring to damper rates.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
$839USD retail from RCE

So yeah you are right as I regualrly get the Megan COs for $800

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
People have somehow gotten the idea that springs alone improve handling and that the dampers are secondary. Dampening is MUCH more important than springrate imo, which is the primary reason that people with lowering springs really experience only very minor handling improvements for the most part. Koni is supposedly coming out with some dampers before too long, which will be pretty bitchin'.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
People have somehow gotten the idea that springs alone improve handling and that the dampers are secondary. Dampening is MUCH more important than springrate imo, which is the primary reason that people with lowering springs really experience only very minor handling improvements for the most part. Koni is supposedly coming out with some dampers before too long, which will be pretty bitchin'.
Marketing :)
Dampers while increasing performance much more than springs don't improve the look of the car in tandem. :p
I also heard KYB and Tokiko releasing their units in line with the SEMA LV show.

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah i'm waiting on the koni's myself. They are supposidly TBA which means they are in development and should be out sometime next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts