Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone broke a stock endlink on the 08 yet? Whether with stock swaybar/suspension setup or with aftermarket. If aftermarket please state what your setup is.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Broke 2 sets with Perrin 25mm front sway --- 08 STi

·
Registered
988 Posts
I just went back to stock endlinks on the 25mm Perring bar. How long did the endlinks hold up for you.

·
Registered
954 Posts
whiteline 22 front/20 rear, stock endlinks, no breakage yet. approx 5k on em

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Held up for 10 minutes :'(
Both of them

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hi Have 25mm perrin bars up front with stock endlinks for over 7K miles now, checked the other day and still holding up *knock on wood*, i do take turns semi-aggressive. I will switch them out when someone makes a good endlink that does not make noise. If someone can take the oem design and just make it 3x stronger i'd buy it in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I am still looking for solid rears not using hard rubber or hyme joints as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My 25mm Cobb bar has been on the stock endlinks for about 10 months. During that time it has seen 5 autocrosses and been daily driven through a potholed construction zone, both ways, 3 days a week. No breaks here.

When I replaced the rear sway I went for the Rallitek links.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have the Rallitek rears and they are good.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
OEM sockets are made of plastic and just not as strong. Sooner or later you will get more play out of the endlinks.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
OEM sockets are made of plastic and just not as strong. Sooner or later you will get more play out of the endlinks.
This would also be how to get the most out of the sway bar upgrades, breakage-wise though, the OEM units can usually handle the upgraded sways under normal driving conditions.
That being said, I have broken other links on the track and mountain passes due to repetitive 2 and 3 wheeling situations.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
If the front endlink does break during a turn/cornering, will my car loose control?
Depends what you are doing while it broke and how hard you were cornering. But potenitally, yes, it might.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i need to upgrade my endlinks just so i can get the most out of my bars. i feel like im no gettin the full potential with the crappy stock ones. but hey, they havent broke yet :-\

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well my endlinks are noisy. I have the whileline endlinks upfront and rallitek in the rear. I am using the cobb front and rear sways with Megan Coilovers. Anyone with similar setup have the same noise? If not what what endlinks are you using?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Describe the noise. Endlinks usually make popping sounds if anything. You sure you aren't just hearing the urethane bushings squeaking?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Well my endlinks are noisy. I have the whileline endlinks upfront and rallitek in the rear. I am using the cobb front and rear sways with Megan Coilovers. Anyone with similar setup have the same noise? If not what what endlinks are you using?
I had Whiteline in the front but took them out b/c of clunking sound. I have Rallitek in the rear with no sound what so ever. I went back to stock in the front.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts