Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best way to do it? I don't know if I should debadge or paint the emblems flat black. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Re: Anyone care to do a write up on how to debadge your WRX or paint the emblems

I just used water and a heat gun to take mine of took 5mins...

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I used a heatgun and my fingernails to do the job

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
for me, heat gun = 90+ degree heat from sun. Then nails.... if youre brave or stupid, a thin flat head screw driver w/ t-shirt (not recommended but I use it). Oh, IIRC, the "RX" in "WRX" is attached to 1 another at the bottom. Take care when removing that.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Or you can come park your car at Oklahoma City Community College, go inside for an hour. When you come outside all badges will be as good as gone. I have had this happen to me 3 time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
floss, goo gone, and a hair dryer to soften it up before softly rubbing it off with fingers. Careful, that paint will chip if you look at it too long!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
floss, goo gone, and a hair dryer to soften it up before softly rubbing it off with fingers. Careful, that paint will chip if you look at it too long!
Hahaha
I dropped a coin on my rear bumper and it left a permanent scuff

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Hahaha
I dropped a coin on my rear bumper and it left a permanent scuff
What were you doing playing with coins above your rear bumper?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Re: Anyone care to do a write up on how to debadge your WRX or paint the emblems

floss + goo gone + cleaner wax = a badge free rex!

·
Registered
44 Posts
hey guys i was successfully able to debadge my impreza

but after i remove the residue (with googone + blow dryer + rubbing off with fingers) the layer under the glue is a different hue then the car, so i can still make out the words subaru and impreza

how do i get rid of this?

·
Registered
743 Posts
just wait it out dude.. it'll wear off eventually.

FYI- simple spray wax and soft cloth would get that off no problem.

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Floss, hair dryer, turtle wax bug and tar remover (both spray and rub on), wax, cloth,

Sprayed the bug and tar remover and let it soak in,

Went at it with the hair dryer making sure not to get it too hot as to bubble the paint, and came at it with the floss...

I actually did it with my bro so that one could work the floss while the other did the dryer...

Got all the letters off,

Sprayed all the glue with the bug and tar remover and let it sit for a bit, came back and cleaned it off...

Went at it with the the dryer and rubbed it with my finger (not nail) and it would roll up most of it,

Then for the rest let it soak again with the bug and tar and then took the rub on bug/tar and mopped up the rest,

After that I waxed and I was done,

Took much longer to write than it did to do haha

·
Registered
44 Posts
ok so its nothing to worry about then

ill wait for a sunny day and give the car a good wash/wax and buff it out a bit

thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
I used the hair dryer and goo-gone method. Except there was an imperfection in the paint underneath the "P" in "impreza"... crap

·
Registered
44 Posts
i used a scratch polish cream that i bought at canadian tire and all it took was one layer of application... the different color paint beneath just disappeared

·
Registered
743 Posts

I used the hair dryer and goo-gone method. Except there was an imperfection in the paint underneath the "P" in "impreza"... crap
leave it alone.. it'll rub off eventually..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts