Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The temp gauge is a little past the half mark, its been doing that since day 1. Even now in the winter time after 20 minutes of driving it reads a little past the half mark. Is my car running hotter then normal? Anyone else have this issue?
I checked my friend's 08 wrx and his temp gauge is dead in the middle and never passes the half mark.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Mine sits about half a needle width past that half way mark. It doesn't matter if it's 110 degrees or 40 degrees has not really moved! Even if I let her sit and idle, before I shut her down, it doesn't move.

Every car is different... I would say if it changes from where it normally sits, that is when you might have a problem.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The temp gauge is a little past the half mark, its been doing that since day 1. Even now in the winter time after 20 minutes of driving it reads a little past the half mark. Is my car running hotter then normal? Anyone else have this issue?
I checked my friend's 08 wrx and his temp gauge is dead in the middle and never passes the half mark.
Same as mine, never leaves the half way mark.. mind you I have had the clutch changed already though..

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Every car is different... I would say if it changes from where it normally sits, that is when you might have a problem.
+1, this is going to sound crazy but if I stare right over the gauge, it is at the middle, if I look from where I sit normally, it looks like it's just past the middle.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mine has always been just above the halfway point. Like LeftCoast said, I would only worry if it was reading something other than what YOUR car usually is.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have a oil temperature gauge, and it reads 130 degree CELCIUS on the track (external temp about 40 degrees celcius).. thats a agreed over temp mark but the car's temp gauge reads the same still.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts