Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did this before I got an exhaust. It makes virtually no difference. The muffler is why the car is so quiet. You can get an axle-back section made with something a little more open for rather cheap. Just ask around. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just replace the muffler and leave the stock resonator in place. I just did it today; even with the muffler removed its still very quiet but at least I can hear the purr of the motor now :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I also first tried replacing the standard muffler with a sports high flow type with not much change in sound. I then had the resonator removed and replaced with straight pipe and this is the results - see below link(some may have already seen this clip). Not real loud, but I am satisfied with it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I also first tried replacing the standard muffler with a sports high flow type with not much change in sound. I then had the resonator removed and replaced with straight pipe and this is the results - see below link(some may have already seen this clip). Not real loud, but I am satisfied with it.
pretty good for a few bucks spent. i wonder how replacing the resonator with a straight pipe will affect a stock exhaust with the mufflers deleted...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts