Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am looking to purchase a catback really soon and just wanted to get some opinions. I was looking at the Cobb Cat-back. First impression is it looks like a nice piece. Quality is probably good since cobb doesnt really cheap out its products. I also noticed it had pretty good ground clearance. Only set back is the price of the CBE. So no im looking into UR since the price is right and the manufacturer of the exhaust lives in Canada so shipping is much cheaper. I wouldnt have to deal with crappy duty taxes and such.

So my question to a bunch of you with the UR catback and lowering springs is, are you having any clearance problems? In the picture of the CBE on ultimate racing's website the piping for the system looks like it is sitting fairly low which might pose ground clearance issues. Throw some opinions please!!!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Les

·
Registered
220 Posts
The design is similar to the offerings of Invidia, P&L, and a few others I've seen. You won't run into clearance issues unless you drive off-road or your car is SLAMMED on coilovers. If you have relatively decent roads you should be fine - although I agree that UR could have used a smaller muffler size. Look into the Invidia CBE.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would do the invidia CBE cause it has a good price and all but i am not into the whole cannister type muffler. I like the tip of the UR exhaust cause it looks alot like the stock one.

·
Registered
629 Posts
^^ I agree....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts