Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any other 3g'er out of Illinois? I live about 60 miles west of Chicago. I've yet to see another 3g Impreza or an 08 STi roaming the streets.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Southeast Wisconsin checking in. I have seen an 08 2.5i Impreza sedan on the roads, but that has been it. I don't see many Imprezas around here, though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I am in Illinois, I go between Peoria and the West Suburbs of Chicago. I haven't seen any other 08 WRX's or Impreza's, but it is a big city.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I have not seen ANY other Subaru's on the road...except for my buddies Impreza hatch and one of the Paramedics on our Fire Department has an 08 WRX hatch. Other than that, that's it. Makes me feel a bit special that there aren't too many of them out there ;D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone up for a dynoday? I just joined this other forum that is just a bunch of car enthusiasts in Illinois and they have a dyno day planned that I am going to go to. Here's the link - (mods feel free to delete if I'm violating the rules) http://www.thechicagogarage.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4102 There are quite a few Subaru owners on the forum, and it'd be awesome to meet more!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hey, i'm from the south side.

but i am living in oklahoma, soon to be arizona.

·
Registered
100 Posts
dixon Illinois here about 110mi away from chicago

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You Illinois folks need to join thechicagogarage.org !!! It'd be great to see some more 08's at the meets. I think we'll be doing another dyno day too later this year, the one earlier this year was a good time.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am on IL. I have only seen one 08 white STI. I have not seen a single 08 or 09 WRX on the road yet.

Anyone know how many WRX where made? Just weird that I have more of my old car a 02 SI that had only about 12K inported each year then I have of my WRX.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Carol stream sedan WRX owner here had her for almost 1 year.

I have seen one blue hatch WRX, one black sedan WRX, one white, and one red STI, I see tons of 02+ on daily basis and it feels good to see older model WRX owners giving me thumbs up every time I drive past.

If you guys who live around here and want to gather a meet, I know a place In WINFIELD (easily accessible by north avenue). There is plenty of parking spots as well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts