Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know the part number for the rear brakes? Any idea of how much work it would be to have it be installed (aka hours)? Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hi, does anyone know the part number for the rear brakes? Any idea of how much work it would be to have it be installed (aka hours)? Any advice appreciated.
I have some info... The base 2.5i is that disk or drum?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the drum, and I was hoping to change it to the disk. I don't want a big disk upgrade or anything like that but wanted to make the change to disk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went to the local dealership yesterday and asked for all the part numbers to convert 2.5i drums to rear disk. I don't have the part numbers handy, but the only parts necessary according to the parts guy I talked to is 2 sets of disc brake pads, 2 rotors, 2 calipers. I'll look for the piece of paper I wrote the part numbers on and post them. The "list" price from the dealership is about 800.00 for all the parts. I went to subaru genuine parts .com and the price is significantly less. I'm still not completely convinced but the part number for 2.5i drum brake shoes and wrx emergency brake shoes is the same according to the parts guy. All of this sounds pretty exciting to me. Will keep posted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
part numbers

2 - 26700fg000
1 - 26696ag030
1 - 26696fg000
1 - 26692fg000

The part descriptions given when you type in the numbers at subaru genuine parts is very cryptic. If anyone can verify exactly what these parts are it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
part numbers

2 - 26700fg000
1 - 26696ag030
1 - 26696fg000
1 - 26692fg000

The part descriptions given when you type in the numbers at subaru genuine parts is very cryptic. If anyone can verify exactly what these parts are it would be greatly appreciated.

I know this is being raised from the dead but has anybody confirmed this info?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts