Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
i wanted to put better seats in my car i wasnt sure what i would need

like new rails or whatnot or if they would bolt up directly
Depends on the seat you get. If running a bucket then rails are usually included, if not you will need them to adjust. This makes the seat higher though. If you want it as low as possible and less likely to shift, use the low down or fixed position types. To mount the seat and rails, whichever type you want, you will need a seat bracket that lines up with OEM holes. Try Wedge Engineernig for this.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
All of the above apply to that seat. Take a look at their website. You should find some mounting rails for it (if they are not included already, for some reason Sparco is stingy about this). I am assuming since its a street seat, you want sliding rails.
Wedge should have custom brackets also.
You cant use the OEM brackets because they are part of the seat itself.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I have been a fan of Bride seats.. And I would make sure you use sliders on any seat you get just because use for a daily it will make life easier..

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
just got off the phone with sparco

i would need seat base and universal sliders

so without the seats its costing around 400 dollars
Thats about right 2 brackets 250 + 2 sliders = 150
Sparco stuff isn't exactly cheap.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
haha yeh i see that

i wish i could find some sti seats for sale that i could throw in
check iwsti. I'd like to get some STI seats (to keep airbag functionality), though I would want to change the color because I don't think that blue would work well with my black/red stockers, heh.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
haha yeh i see that

i wish i could find some sti seats for sale that i could throw in
check iwsti. I'd like to get some STI seats (to keep airbag functionality), though I would want to change the color because I don't think that blue would work well with my black/red stockers, heh.
Yeah they wouldn't match but 04 - 07 seats = much better support not like the seats on my STi :mad:

·
Registered
988 Posts
They look bad ass

·
Registered
954 Posts
i cant find sti seats anywhere. i found a set on ebay a few weeks back with the airbags blown out the sides of them for $350 ::)

·
Registered
262 Posts
IMO, the stockers are just fine. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
the stockers might be ok if you have a wide derriere maybe but they have very little lateral support for most. i installed a cg lock on my seat belt and the seats have become quite tollerable actually. i highly suggest this little upgrade to anyone who wants to keep their stock seats and improve the feel, as well to people who do not like rolling around when driving w/ spirit. check out cg lock installed on an sti on you tube. however... i do like those brides alot!

·
Registered
262 Posts
the stockers might be ok if you have a wide derriere maybe but they have very little lateral support for most. i installed a cg lock on my seat belt and the seats have become quite tollerable actually. i highly suggest this little upgrade to anyone who wants to keep their stock seats and improve the feel, as well to people who do not like rolling around when driving w/ spirit. check out cg lock installed on an sti on you tube. however... i do like those brides alot!
i'm 5'6 and about 120 soaking wet. LOL.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts