Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i used to run turboxs 50/50 bov, but my car will keep salling even i tight my bov all the way down? so just wondering if anyone have the same problem with diff. bov. and can AP fix the stalling ? thx.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't believe there are any off-the-shelf maps that will help.. if anything, you might make things worse. Have you reset your ECU and let the car warm up properly? That might help with the idle assuming your BOV isn't leaking. Do do that.. reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes (step on the brake pedal to clear any residual charge in the system), then restart the car and let it idle for about 5 minutes (or until it's idling around 700rpm).

Ultimately, though.. BOVs (even 50/50s) and MAFs don't mix. Take it off and put the stock BPV back on or your car will continue to run poorly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have my bov on for 3 month n nothing happen till now n i switch back to stock, so now is perfect, but i miss the sound thou, will an intake help ?

·
Registered
0 Posts
i have my bov on for 3 month n nothing happen till now n i switch back to stock, so now is perfect, but i miss the sound thou, will an intake help ?
U can try blitz sus lm intake. Suction sound can be heard from the cabin and sounds like a bov when u release the accelerator, not as loud as a bov thou.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
It might be the gasket also. This is due to the whole "aftermarket" unit thing. Might want to give this a shot too. The gasket is $5. Nonetheless our cars run best with OEM BPV but if the sounds are that great to you, feel free I say. :)

Good luck

·
Registered
502 Posts
i have the perrin intake and it sounds great, feel free to look up my post on here, i have sound clip vids posted. In real life, its 10x louder then what my crappy camra can pick up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the turboXs hybrid bov and have not seen a problem at all.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i have a gfb 50/50 and it runs fine...it sounds like you have a leak of some sort or the bov just isnt closing all the way...did it come with any spacers you could put in side between the spring and the cap

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put an HKS SSQ BOV on my car with a custom flange i did at a local shop it hasnt stalled out and it runs and sounds great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts