Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Re: anyone running intake & catback w/No Tune?

how does it preform?
when i first started modding... i had a CBE, CAI, and played around with hiding boost from the wastegate to hold more psi at red line. it was doing fine, AFR was looking ok.
Next was the Water/Meth. The only thing i noticed was that i wasn't losing that much boost due to heat soak. AFR was rich.
then i got the FMIC and noticed a very small drop in psi and the heat soak from the TMIC was gone. So i kept playing with boost levels and when i wanted the wastegate to open.

i think you will be ok.
Instead of getting an intake and exhaust, i'de recommend an accessport from Perrin or somebody that offers more aggressive stage maps. You would probably see more power doing that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

well i have a intake and exhaust currently on now. But i just wanted to know if i was endangering my motor. I will be getting a access port in about 3 months or so.

·
Registered
159 Posts

OGB Wat ya mean when ya say hiding boost from the wastegate?

·
Registered
0 Posts

well i have a intake and exhaust currently on now. But i just wanted to know if i was endangering my motor. I will be getting a access port in about 3 months or so.
it shdnt endanger ur motor/engine... just that it is not tuned to work at optimized level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts