Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in south east wisconsin and i havn't even seen another 2008/2009 WRX driving around. I see Impreza's all over mostly driven by 45+ year olds. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing 3g WRX's running around.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I live on long island out east and I have yet to see another 3gwrx running around.. I seen one 5dr imprezza driving but it wasn't a WRX..

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I live in Queens NY. I have seen 4 STi's and maybe 5 WRX. Quite sad considering I see many hawk eye and peanut eye. I see NA 3rd gen Imprezas at least once a week.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I live in Denver as well, and I honestly see more 3G N/a's than I see WRX's , but I still see 3G WRX's fairly often..................but never going in my direction!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I'm in CO too and I see a lot of 3g impreza's as well. I've seen about 2 WRX's, one 08 hatch, and one 09 sedan. I've seen a couple of STI's, one in Washington D.C., and another in Denver on 36 on my way into boulder. I want to see more WRX's on the road, though I kind of like driving a car that not many people have, though I fear that will change next summer.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Im in seattle and i see NA 3gs on the regular, WRX sedans from time to time, and almost never see wrx wagons or stis. i see stis more than wrx 5 doors. i think ive seen maybe 2 since i bought my car 3 months ago.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so far since this post only WRX i've seen is LITE SPD's and that was in a parking lot at the dealership. Still havn't seen another one on the street.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live in the Seattle area. There's an 08 Impreza and an 08 STi at my work. I see 08's occasionally on the road, perhaps twice a month. A retired Boeing engineer that lives down the road from me bought himself an 08 STi, and my neighbor traded in his 06 WRX for an 08 Forrester XT (recently moved, has a much longer commute).

The PNW has perfect Subie driving conditions (horizontal rain, water sheeting across the highways), so there are a lot running around here. The "poor man's Porsche" is also considered the "smart man's SUV". Which is how I talked my g/f into getting a Forrester back in 05 (she's driving an 07 now).

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
not many around here.i see more 2.5is than anything else.wrxs and stis i can count on one hand.as far as 09s,i was at the dealer on monday and no 09 wrxs or stis even in stock yet.guy told me end of november!on another note,i stopped to look at a new challenger at a dealer yesterday and was attacked by salemen!!those cars are nice but alot of money.times are slow at the dealers.sucks to be a saleman right now.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Seen 4 in my neighborhood alone. 2 STis, 1 WRX, and one N/A
See quite a few WX on the freeways

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still havn't seen another 08 WRX but the N/A imprezas are pretty popular.

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Im in seattle and i see NA 3gs on the regular, WRX sedans from time to time, and almost never see wrx wagons or stis. i see stis more than wrx 5 doors. i think ive seen maybe 2 since i bought my car 3 months ago.
I saw a larger Subaru concentraion in Seattle than I've seen anywhere else when I visited there...

WRXs out the wazoo haha...

I've seen a handful of Imprezas (I work with 2), a couple WRXs, and maybe 3 STIs...

·
Registered
430 Posts
two kids i know have 08 sedans, and ive also seen another that actually tried to run me off the road.

and the only 08 sti our dealer had was purchased and driven home in a blizzard.

other than that i see lots of na impreza's, still waiting to see a 5door

·
Registered
240 Posts
I live in south east wisconsin and i havn't even seen another 2008/2009 WRX driving around. I see Impreza's all over mostly driven by 45+ year olds. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing 3g WRX's running around.
I'm in SE Wisconsin as well, there's a few I've seen. There's another 08 WRX sedan and hatch here in Germantown, and a guy I work with has a 08 WRX hatch as well. The salesman who I bought my 08 from also drives a 09 hatch.

Haven't seen any 08-09 STIs in the wild at all. Foresters and Outbacks out the wazoo, though as you well know.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heh heh yea you can throw a stone in any direction in SE Wisconsin and hit a forester or an outback.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hey guys... I live in Houston, Texas... no NEED really for AWD but... I've always loved the Imprezza's so had to get one.

Anyways... In my neighborhood. Within 4 streets of my house, there is a newly bought Blue STi, a fairly new Red STi, and a new White Hatch WRX. I also have a White Hatch WRX and was last guy in the neighborhood to get it. So... yea.. 4 within a few blocks !!! Beat that hahaha ... totally weird but cool.

I haven't talked to those guys yet.. every time I get home from work they aren't there ... I only see their cars.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so i finally saw another 08 see my other post in this section for details.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Upstate NY here {Utica/Rome to be exact} and ive seen a few 2.5i wagons, several sedans, and 2 STis no 3rd gen WRXs though other than mine.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts