Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a motorcycle that i bring to the track and am getting a quad soon to go play in the mud and was wondering if anyone has towed anything yet with their 08. i hav an 08 obs 5sp. the trailer is about 300lb and the bike is a tick under 400, quad will be closer to 300. i dont think towing should be an issue. i have found a hitch, but unfortunately no wiring yet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
where did you find the hitch setup at? I know subaru doesnt offer one and would be interested in finding where they offer them for some of our customers...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put on a HiddenHitch kit and a ModuLight wiring protector on my car. I haul my dirtbike to the track quite a bit and it does just fine. My trailer is an old jet-ski trailer rigged up to hold a bike and it's mega light. I did the wiring protector just to be safe, although running the power wire was a bit of a pain in the butt, I went through the frame rail, it'll make sure you don't get your lighting system over-amped. On the hitch install, you just have to drill out the holes that are already in the frame. The one that are furthest forward, car's forward, under the car get drilled out pretty big and then the you run the bolt and support to the back hole witha metal wire that fit's around the bolt. Basically, the whole operatioin just requires some patience. Well... a lot of patience.
And be sure to touch up the holes used to mount the bolt with some paint to prevent rusting.
If you need some more tach help with it, lemme know and I'll try to talk you thourgh it unless you in Texas, in which case I might be able to help you out.

Rock on.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i dunno for US... but subaru canada prohibit the use of a trailer on the 08 for warranty reason.. they claim the car is not made for towing anything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts