Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just installed the new firmware and there is an issue that I have noticed right off the bat... As far as boost goes there is a gap between what the AP shows and what it logs. I have scene a peak recall value (While Logging) on the AP of 17psi and when I sit down at my computer to look at the logs the highest boost value is 15.9. :-\

Has anyone else seen this issue?

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
I'll try and log something on my way home from work and note my peak on the AP...

Let you know when I have...

~Mike

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my drive into work, I pluged in my AP... 18.3psi. Now I have an MBC installed, and JUST finished a PROTune last night (The tune FREAKING ROCKS ;D). Last night mentioned it to the tuner, who I trust completely, that couldn't be possible, my MBC is set to just shy of 17psi and is mechanical. I have a Pro Sport Boost gauge, it peaked at just shy of 17psi. The only thing that is off is my AP ???

hmmmm :-\

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
ive heard a few times that the ap reads higher boost than a mec. boost gauge. I think it has something to do with were the boost reading comefrom for the AP vs the Gauge. Probobly dosnt help much, but hey, you never know.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive heard a few times that the ap reads higher boost than a mec. boost gauge. I think it has something to do with were the boost reading comefrom for the AP vs the Gauge. Probobly dosnt help much, but hey, you never know.
^^^^ I think that's right... What is really interesting is what is shown on the AP and what is logged on the AP are two different numbers. :-\

·
Registered
574 Posts
I would guess it has something with the way the AP is sampling the boost amount and writing out to the log. It looks like the log records about every .3 seconds or so.

so perhaps your peak boost is getting averaged over that .3 second time span and written to the log, where as the min/max displayed on the AP is probably closer to real-time (I'm guessing the internal sampling on the AP is much faster then .3 seconds)

Just a theory, but seems logical. I would think the COBB guys would know.

SJ

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just did mine and it was spot on...

Weird...

~Mike
Interesting... I got more questions...
did you have the log?
did you hit your target PSI?
What is your target PSI?

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
I have the log on my laptop (teaching now so I'm on my school computer)

No but I don't think I got to it, I still need to reconnect my boost gauge to see if my AP is matching that...

It used to haha, but the logs and my ap both peaked at 15.8

My target is 17 for the perrin 1 map, but I don't think what I logged would have seen peek boost...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is kinda weird, it is actually starting to come into line. The Peak Values were for split seconds, not long enough to trip a Fuel Cut or a Spike. I Have attached my Data Logs to this post...

... FYI Just change the *.TXT to *.CSV, and it should open in excel. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting... even if you change the extension from

DL1.TXT to DL1.CSV

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I was able to read it fine. Also maybe i missed it Frank, but did you ever write up your PROtune story?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was able to read it fine. Also maybe i missed it Frank, but did you ever write up your PROtune story?
Just finishing it up... I had a couple of issues to hammer out, but we got it taken care of and lagging a little bit ::) "tis the season", so no not yet, but soon...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts