Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i do a third gear pull from 2000 -6500 rpm i have been consistintly reading around 258 hp 302 ft lb. I know this isnt a real accurate source of data but i would like to hear what others are gettin with similar setups. I m runnin cobb dp, stage 2.

·
Registered
327 Posts
So when i do a third gear pull from 2000 -6500 rpm i have been consistintly reading around 258 hp 302 ft lb. I know this isnt a real accurate source of data but i would like to hear what others are gettin with similar setups. I m runnin cobb dp, stage 2.
Well to be honest I'm not quite sure...I ran my car on a dyno at Stage 0(no mods whatsoever) and got 202hp and around 224 ft/lbs trq. That was on a mustang dyno.

·
Registered
220 Posts
^ You didnt read the title of the post. He's looking for other accessport "dyno" results. I think mine were all over the place depending on gear and starting RPM. I was getting anywhere from 210-260hp and 280-320 tq. That was using Perrin's stage 1 rev 2 map.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have not run the AP Dyno on my car, but I have run many data logs in my car through RomRaider. So you are running the Cobb DP and I am assuming Cobbs stage II map? IMO I think the Cobb Dyno results are showing the HP at the Flywheel and not the ground... The "Sales Sticker" Shows 224HP and 226Ft Lbs (At the Fly Wheel)... You have a 15% gain in HP and a 34% gain in Ft Lbs ( Tq seems a little high). Cobbs Stage II (93oct) map notes showed a 13% gain on the HP and a 14% gain on TQ.

There are other factors, like I mentioned before, what map you are running, what octane you are running, where you did your pulls? Depending on the map and octane you are running that COULD (The HP more than the TQ #'s) be in the realm of possibilities.

^ You didnt read the title of the post. He's looking for other accessport "dyno" results. I think mine were all over the place depending on gear and starting RPM. I was getting anywhere from 210-260hp and 280-320 tq. That was using Perrin's stage 1 rev 2 map.
IMO the results are going to vary widely depending on the gear that you are in, and your starting RPM... the power bands are considerably different from 1st to 2nd to 3rd and 4th gear. I would say pick a gear (3rd gear) and RPM range (2k - 6500) and stick with it. That should eliminate the wide range of results you are getting... When I stick my foot in the tank ;) I am through 1st & 2nd very quickly, I am in 3rd gear winding it out before I even know it. With the Perrin Stage 1 v.2, I believe that there is a Version 3 out.

Yeah it is not real accurate, but it COULD be in the ball park. Again IMO the numbers produced on the AP Dyno are at the Flywheel (HP) and the not at the ground (WHP).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Im currently running the cobb 93oct stage 2 1.01 map. Each reading is in third gear 2000-6500 rpm. Id like to see someone else's results with the same setup, just to get an idea if my car is perfoming like it should be. Also, i live in southern maryland near MIR speedway. There is something to do with the air and elevation of this area, but cars really run strong here. They run the fastest times on the east coast at this track. I don't know if you guys watch pinks, but they have it here more than any other track. Also the nopi show will be there this weekend. i'll have to keep my eyes out for any other 08's.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes, I did read it hence why I posted. Giving you ACTUAL dyno numbers on a totally stock WRX to compare to. A modified WRX would most likely produce more HP, how much more, I don't know. Just through I'd throw my actual numbers in there to see if the AP could be close. (Yes, I do see that he is Stg 2 + DP)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am getting ProTuned tomorrow so I will have some numbers then for you. I am running a 3" Perrin Catless DP, 3" Ultimate-Racing Catback, and a Perrin TMIC currently. I am not really sure what to expect although I am excited to find out.

Just for reference my LGT with the same setup made 260whp and 310wtq on a Mustang Dyno last Nov. and was tuned by the same guy. I am expecting the WRX to come in short of that b.c of the smaller turbo.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
... got 202hp and around 224 ft/lbs trq. That was on a mustang dyno.
What Octane are you running, I had my car bone stock on a mystang dyno and got TOTALLY different numbers. Mines not pretty but I will post the Results !

****Disclaimer.... Those with weak stomaches, turn away now**** ;)

Different Dynos can produce VERY Different results... Even the same brand name can produce different numbers Ie mustang dyno is known for being conserative. For instance the results above are extremely conservative, almost not believable ( I have a hard time believing it and I was there)

compared to SleepingWRX's dyno numbers, Do you have the results on your pulls that you can post?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nice pic! You look a little too young to be driven tho ;).

Cheers to little man and the Rex!!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Nice pic! You look a little too young to be driven tho ;).

Cheers to little man and the Rex!!
The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree! ;D

·
Registered
752 Posts
the AP has a dynometer? when did this happen?
i will have to try it out.

as for mustang dyno's, my car was tuned on one.
Here are the specs on it... http://www.mzmperformance.com/dyno.phtml
it's nicknamed the "Heartbreaker Dyno". Stock STi's put down 200whp on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
I will post it up sometime tomorrow afternoon(at work now until 6 am). I multiplied my numbers by 1.02 as I was told to on another forum to get my "real world" numbers. Mustang dynos are notorious for reading low.

·
Registered
100 Posts
invidia turbo back with a rallitek stage 2 in 2nd 282hp and 344tq

1 - 14 of 14 Posts