Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.2.6.3 features the following:

- Added adjustable shift light in 'Live Data' (adjustment located under 'Settings')
- Added estimated peak horsepower/torque calculation under 'Perf. Data' ('Dynamometer')
- Added 'ECU Settings' with the ability to adjust RPM set points for launch-control and flat-foot shift features**
- Added monitors to 'Live Data' ...
- Fuel Trim (Short)
- Fuel Trim (Long)
- MAF Voltage
- Calculated Load
- Dynamic Advance Multiplier
- Improved accuracy and responsiveness for calculations under 'Live Data', 'Perf. Data' and 'Fuel Econ'
- Usability improvements including ...
- Main menu re-ordered to provide quick access to common tasks
- 'Reset ECU' and 'Read Codes' grouped under 'Troubleshooting'
- 'Live Data' monitor items re-ordered
- Improved 'Reset ECU' logic
- 07/08 Forester XT Automatic support
- Revised 2008 WRX Manual calibrations (AP-SUB-003 only)
- 2007 WRX and STI, changed `Live Data' to use `Learned Ign.' instead of `Dynamic Advance'. (AP-SUB-002 only)

**RPM set points can be adjusted ONLY if these features are enabled
within the current map

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
There are alot of great features added... but the DAM alone makes it worth it!

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Dyno feature is going to need more work. According to the AP my Stage 1 WRX is putting over 300lb-ft to the wheels and has nearly 280hp. ::) Uhhh, no.

I also managed a reading in excess of 800lb-ft by accident. ;D

It's fun, but I'm prepared to laugh at anyone who tries to quote the AP's numbers as proof of the power their car makes.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
The Dyno feature is going to need more work. According to the AP my Stage 1 WRX is putting over 300lb-ft to the wheels and has nearly 280hp. ::) Uhhh, no.

I also managed a reading in excess of 800lb-ft by accident. ;D

It's fun, but I'm prepared to laugh at anyone who tries to quote the AP's numbers as proof of the power their car makes.
WOW Stage I Numbers ;) I am GRASPING AT STRAWS... are they TRYING to produce numbers at the Fly? Even that is far fetched??? It is hard for me to believe that Cobb would release something that would be that off?? Interesting... What gear did you do those pulls in?
I'm going to have to give it a shot this afternoon. See what I come up with?

·
Registered
190 Posts
on a 3rd gear pull i got 236HP and 264lb/tq
on a 2nd gear pull i got 213HP and 236lb/tq

Huge differences through different gears. i had the dyno set to start at 2000rpm and end at 6500rpm. Off numbers but still a cool feature haha.

My 1/4mile feature doesnt work too well. When i launch the car it just gives me results with no numbers. Only when i do a soft launch of slip the clutch then it registers.
Cant wait till the launch control and flat foot shift features are available on the cobb maps.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
on a 3rd gear pull i got 236HP and 264lb/tq
on a 2nd gear pull i got 213HP and 236lb/tq

Huge differences through different gears. i had the dyno set to start at 2000rpm and end at 6500rpm. Off numbers but still a cool feature haha.

My 1/4mile feature doesnt work too well. When i launch the car it just gives me results with no numbers. Only when i do a soft launch of slip the clutch then it registers.
Cant wait till the launch control and flat foot shift features are available on the cobb maps.
Interesting... The third gear pull Stage I could be in the realm of possililities at the Fly Wheel.

What Octane are you running?

The brochure showes 224hp with the OEM map. the Torque reading is still high?

·
Registered
190 Posts
running 91 octane. But the octane here where i live is not the same as the ACN91 piss gas. Its pretty good actually. Some are using this 91 octane with the perrin 93 stage 1 map and have no problems. I want to try it but its kinda sketchy with me.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
running 91 octane. But the octane here where i live is not the same as the ACN91 piss gas. Its pretty good actually. Some are using this 91 octane with the perrin 93 stage 1 map and have no problems. I want to try it but its kinda sketchy with me.
Are there threads discussing running 91oct and a 93oct map...
Wow... my .02 I wouldn't do it. There is too much to loose.
Have they been datalogging?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ya im not gonna try it with 91 oct. When i fill up with 94 octane i may do it but thats when i go to the track. If perrin doesnt come out with a 91 octane map of there stage one, which i doubt they will, i have an open source tuner waiting on the tactrix cable to come out for our cars. The only reason i bought my shit from perrin is because it said on their website that there is a 91 oct version. I basically got scammed like alot of other people thinking they did have a 91 oct or ACN91 map. Not good business in my eyes but whatever pays the bills for them i guess. :-\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts