Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have been contemplating the accesport for my 08 five door. Since the wife and I share the car she gets to look at the gas milage gauge all the time! My question is what impact has the tune had on milage. has it gone down? or is it simply a more efficient tune. I would think that it would go down as I have read that the motor is very lean from the factory. Any imput would be appreciated.
Terry Mc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have an AP with a custom 91 octane map on my 08 sedan [mainly because most of my parts are custom] and my mileage got a little better. The wife drives 100 miles a day, 4 times a week and averages bout 22 mpg goin 80 mph. Before with the mods but before the tune it was gettn 18 to 20 mpg, hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
My mileage didn't change much with my perrin stage 1 91 oct map. I still get 25-26mpg in the city and ~30mpg on the highway up to 70mph.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have an AP with a custom 91 octane map on my 08 sedan [mainly because most of my parts are custom] and my mileage got a little better. The wife drives 100 miles a day, 4 times a week and averages bout 22 mpg goin 80 mph. Before with the mods but before the tune it was gettn 18 to 20 mpg, hope this helps.
i forgot to say the my in town mileage is only 19 at best but the wife and i both haul ass alot

·
Registered
988 Posts
My mileage didn't change much with my perrin stage 1 91 oct map. I still get 25-26mpg in the city and ~30mpg on the highway up to 70mph.
Holy crap....... that is really good dude and too hard to believe. When I was on stage 1 93 oct best was 17-19 city and 20 - 23 highway. Maybe it's the 91 oct flash but that is really good gas mileage.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Well I don't usually boost for very long. I was cruising around at 40-50mph in 5th gear, but discovered that I get better mileage in 4th gear at those speeds. That helped me pick up a mpg or two. My highway mileage sucks once I go above 70 though. I lose about 1mpg every 2 mphs past that. I have yet to reliably see anything better than 30mpg. I do see it every once in a while at low freeway speeds, but not very frequently. I also use cruise control on the highway a lot.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Holy crap....... that is really good dude and too hard to believe. When I was on stage 1 93 oct best was 17-19 city and 20 - 23 highway. Maybe it's the 91 oct flash but that is really good gas mileage.
I too get 25-26 in the city, 30+ on the highway. Thats driving shifting basically at 2.5k, right before boot engagement.
I also broke the engine in hard after the first 1k.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I too get 25-26 in the city, 30+ on the highway. Thats driving shifting basically at 2.5k, right before boot engagement.
I also broke the engine in hard after the first 1k.
Ya, I was very easy on it for the first 1k, but I wasn't shy about pushing it a little after that. 3800 miles and I have no oil consumption thus far.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have always been around 21.9 AP or not. I drive a little agressive, but not too bad ;). If you are that concerned about it the AP has an Economy Mode that will help considerably.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats Great Guys,
I appreciate the responses. I thought no one was going to comment for a while there. That sounds good enough that I could probably sneak this mod in with out throwing up the old Gas cost too much discussion. The funny part is that she was the one that floored the dealers with her lead foot when we were test driving the new car! I guess they expect it out of a man but a little 110 lb. woman surprises people when she is seeing if she can get the car sideways all wheel drive or not.
Terry Mc

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
She might notice that extra punch when the turbo spools up, but maybe not. I thought it was quite noticeable, but it isn't a HUGE difference so she might not notice.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
i get 25.9 to 26.1 mpg on the perrin stage 1 with everyday driving.i see a little better economy with the reflash than the stock settings.you will notice a change in power from stock.the car pulls alot harder.you are speeding before you know it!!good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah
I figure that I will have to make some excuse for the added power when she notices it. But I can live with that.
Terry

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I am getting roughly the same mileage. The experienced MPG is mainly determinedon driving habits.
27mpg hwy and 24.1 overall avg. -- 08 STi

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well we will see how I do on the gas milage, I just order Perrin's Stage one kit. I was going to just order the Accesport but for $10 more you get the filter and the stubby antenna. Hopefully it is everything it is cracked up to be. The wife has been out of state for a while taking care of family, so I can combine the air filter story with "Oh you just forgot how quick the car is!" and hope she buys it. HA, HA!
Terry Mc.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
im getting 25.5 average with perrin stage 1 91 oct map,avo panel filter and borla catback.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
The wife has been out of state for a while taking care of family, so I can combine the air filter story with "Oh you just forgot how quick the car is!" and hope she buys it. HA, HA!
Terry Mc.
lol! I can't wait to hear how that goes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chanke
I am not sure that I am in the state of can't wait part, myself, she is very intelligent woman. Oh well! we will find out next week my kit should be here tomorrow so I will have the week end to get some milage on the car after the reflash and the wife will be home next week. Any one got a spare room in Phoenix if it doesn't go well. Ha ha!
Terry

1 - 20 of 23 Posts