Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what sort of power/torque just an AP would add to an essentially power-wise stock 08 WRX. All of my mods have been on handling (F&R sways, F&R Endlinks, Front Strut Bar, Wheels) as I feel that the stock handling pales in comparison to the stock power. If I wanted to go for max power I would get an intake, downpipe, new Top Mount intercooler and a catback. Unfortunately, I have this thing called a warranty that I would like to preserve seeing as Subaru Canada are a bunch of jerks who dick me around. Anyway, the only 'power' mod I have is an AVO air filter. (Although I swear to God I noticed a difference, mainly at the higher RPMS and in terms of and widened powerband) Anyway, if I bought just an AP, without anything else, how much power could I reasonably expect to gain? Can you feel the difference? Where is most noticeable in the powerband?? Thanks

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
i had the same mods as you 2 days ago but with a light crank pulley. yesterday i installed the cobb ap with rallitek's stage 1 91 oct and i noticed a big difference. redline is now 7000rpm and butt dyno feels it too. i obviously don't have any real life DYNO #'s. i can't wait for that SPT exhaust much longer.... must go stage 2 soon!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
With the mods you suggest you be looking at 250hp and maybe 350tq if you get a custom tune. The small turbo is our hold up on the WRX. My car made 230hp and 320tg with only a Invidia dowm pipe and SPT exhaust and custom tune. Jeff Perrin says you will get about 10 hp with a top mount intercooler and these cars need a CAI since they dont breath well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
those are real nice #'s you have there mrroadkill! i have read nothing but bad reviews with putting a CAI on the 2008 wrx. i went with a high flow AVO panel filter because i read that the stock air box was more than adaquate and i don't live anywhere close to a protune shop.
As more time is spent with the 08 by the perfomance shops they are starting to see how different the car is to the past ones. I would never install a CAI without having it tuned for the CAI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts