Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We folks i sold my REX, but i still have my AP and what can i do with it. From my understanding they are married to my car. is there any way to unmarry it? so i can sell it or something? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Yes in the menu go to uninstall and follow the prompts. Provide an in married picture of the screen after its done and likely you could sell it quite easily

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
You need the car man, you should track that car down and get it uninstalled otherwise nothing can be done to the ecu

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn totally for got about it the ap and stuff. I traded it in so the dealership has it or they sold it already? it was stage 2. So i hope i didnt screw the next person who gets it. :( So back to the first question there is nothing i can do with my AP?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Damn totally for got about it the ap and stuff. I traded it in so the dealership has it or they sold it already? it was stage 2. So i hope i didnt screw the next person who gets it. :( So back to the first question there is nothing i can do with my AP?
Yep they are. No there is nothing that can be done with the ap. basically a paper weight now

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Have you checked with the dealership if they still have it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just checked their website looks like it is still there. So could i uninstall it? what would that do with the parts i have on there

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
If u have the parts on there you could leave the ap with car or uninstall stage 2 and then the oem ecu is in tact and let then the new owner can do what they choose

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
With the downpipe. Either go stock or run stage 2

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
that's pretty unfortunate for the new owner and yourself. either way someone is getting shafted unless that down pipe comes off. ask the dealer if you can pick up the downpipe and swap to the stock. then you can unmarry the AP and have an AP to sell, the new owner has a proper map with a properly setup car with the stock downpipe.

for what it's worth, since the likely situation is that you get stuck with an unmarried AP, you can have COBB unmarry your AP but it's about $150 bucks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so the wife and i drove up to the dealership to see what we could do. i went to go look at some things and she was talking to our salesman and another person about or situation. So i get back and my wifes jaw drops. So they explain to me that they had blown the engine in my traded in car. I was shocked. i asked them how and the our sales guy goes. i dont know i went to sell show it to some one and it was in the service bay blowning lots of smoke out the exhaust. he stated black smoke. that filled half the lot. He thinks the service guys were messing around with it. So he told me that the car had to be towed off to a subaru dealership to get fixed. So i still have the access port. looks like i will be giving cobb a call. i was going to sell it for 450 but now im thinking 300 and they have to get it unmarried i only used it to upload 2 maps so i only really used the access port 2 times.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Wow that's unfortunate for the car, hope you can get the ap unlocked

·
Registered
899 Posts
So... I am kinda confused... out of the items you can possibly pull of the car. You only pull off the AP? not the downpipe either? I am pretty confused... :shocked:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to confuse you i never kept the ap on the car at all times. it was at my desk next to the computer, the only time i used it was to load maps onto it then into the car. then i put the ap away. i wasnt really planing on buying a new vehicle was just looking at one for my wife, then i came across something i liked. and bought it that night. impulse buy. now looking back at it. i should have went home and taken the parts off. but lesson learned. MOKI i emailed cobb to see if they could unlock it. waitng to hear back from them. Thanks for all your help with this.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
No problem man

1 - 17 of 17 Posts