Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So i'm finally in the market for a AP but I have heard good things about both of the maps with these companies. any opinions? would i need a new tuned map with a catback?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Every WRX needs to be tuned regardless if they are stock or moddified. From the factory they are lean and set to pass EPA requirments. I happend to use the Perrin off the shelf tune revision 1 and am happy. I am not sure if I could tell you to go with Perrin over Rallitek, they are both great companies. The forum tends to share maps so it might not matter.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok what kind of milage is being seen with the stage one tune, any worse or better?
I have seen anywere from 12.5 to a little over 20 in a tank . I Drive primarily city with an occasional trip on a freeway. It is up to you on what kind of Mileage you going to see. This car isnt about gas milage.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for the info, was jus curious on mileage
No problem. I think you will be happy when you get an AP. My car was pretty lean and surged thru out the power band now it just flat out goes and this is from an off the shelf tune. If you were to take it in to lets say perrin or rallitek then they could tune all of the parameters directly for your car ad you would really like it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Do you already have the exhaust? If not, I like the Perrin setup, they will tune your map to the TBE you order. And the gains are impressive to say the least ;D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do you already have the exhaust? If not, I like the Perrin setup, they will tune your map to the TBE you order. And the gains are impressive to say the least ;D
Not yet I being patient plus everytime I turn around the wife is spending money, Today it was a $3500 mattress. Last month is $3000 worth of wood florring that I had to install. Thank god she makes more money than I do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts