Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unashamedly copied from another forum because i suffer from chronic laziness..

Thought I would stick this in here for you 08+ guys!
wave.gif

Finally after months of riding the AUD and ordering parts from the states I have got them fitted and tuned.
Car went 204awkw on MSR dyno but more amazing is the 630nm of torque!
:shock:

She just wants to pull your face off on boost with zero lag, car is a blast to drive needless to say.

Engine Mods are:

TXS DOWNPIPE WITH MSR SPLITTER
INVIDIA Q300 DUAL CAT BACK
COSWORTH PANEL FILTER

Suspension mods are:

EPIC ENGINEERING SPRINGS
WHITELINE SWAY BARS

Although my mods list is small i cannot speak higher of the quality of the individual components.
Exhaust components fitted like a glove and Invidia snarls hard.

Springs are fantastic in ride comfort and matched with the sways handles great.
With stock shocks they will always hit the bumps on BIG hits but that is always the compromise.

Seeing the power she has made I would prob get a little nervous in summer temps.
My next mod will be a bigger TMIC before summer and maybe some nice wheels and thats it really.

These simple mods have transformed my daily drive and could not be happier.
if anyone needs more details on parts, prices etc i will be happy to help.

When is the next Syndey meet up???
:cool:

Sorry I only got phone pics for now.

cheers
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds great not TOO loud but 200kw will always make noise.
Not sure on emissions but retained cat in the stock position which is a good thing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
204 atw thats a great result........what did mike charge.....going to MSR will be my next modd........

·
Registered
19 Posts
Car went 204awkw on MSR dyno but more amazing is the 630nm of torque!
:shock:
Sounds great not TOO loud but 200kw will always make noise.

Same dyno, a week apart, same model, mines quiet as a mouse ;) Easy to do as well, I used to be a shit when I was younger and I don't need the unwanted attention that comes with a loud WRB WRX!

Great result Paul, im not suprised your impressed. I won't mention numbers, but I had my car tuned at Hunter Dyno first, and then MSR and the difference is amazing.

Don't get me wrong, Daniel and the boys at Hunter are top blokes, and insanely good value for money, but then there is Michael. Great bloke, lives Subarus and produces results that are nothing short of brilliant.

Only issue with the car after MSR is the traction control cutting in when blasting out of a corner in the first 3 gears!

Turn ASC off and it now gets sketchy rather quickly. To give anyone wondering an idea..... A 2nd gear power oversteer moment used to need genuine provication to produce, and required little skill to control. You could keep it pinned and she would all but straighten herself up pretty quickly.

Now it needs little more than slightly too much throttle out of a corner, but now takes carefull throttle control and a decent amount of opposite lock to control.

Turned a quickish car into something else.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
204 atw thats a great result........what did mike charge.....going to MSR will be my next modd........
Thanks I'm really happy with the results.
Tune was $800 which is pretty much his flat rate.

To some up the effort MSR puts into his tunes, he racked up 470k's tuning mine on and off dyno.
Fuel economy is also MASSIVELY improved.

My advice would be to hang out and get a TMIC upgrade before tune.
the stock thing is tiny and they can be had so cheap from USA at the moment.

Car was always quick but now it is just brutal, makes you wonder what 250awkw feels like! :eek:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i really wonder how it sounds. You guys have extremely strict emission controls right?
we have a white colour sedan WRX using the twin invidia catback. juz met him last week. it was too loud for my liking :)
It is defo not as quiet as i anticipated due to the size of the massive mufflers but it aint too obnoxious.
At idle and highway its real quiet but little annoying going up the gears in traffic.
Getting used to it now but still got stock axle backs if I tire of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great result taskata!

definately interested in a sydnye meet!

the word is annoying for the gearing during traffic.

did you end up with the ebcs?

have you still got the contact for the cheap txs? with those results thats all im missing and a tune for my setup :) im also going to add the spec c intercooler spray.

have you got any noise with the diff and the sloppy supports?

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey tasksta
just wanted to know how those epic springs feel for you, trying to decide what would be good to use to lower my car.

thanks alot mate.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi DC

The epics ride fantastic but the drop reduces bump travel too much in my opinion. Hit even a small rut or pot hole and it smashes the bump stops. My advice would be stick to whiteline sway bars and only upgrade springs when you can afford to upgrade the shocks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts