Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow 08 owners. I've got a catless DP with 3" piping throughout with single muffler on my sedan. Just a little FYI and a DIY for y'all. There is a hose that tees after the wastegate, about 1/4" OD. I took the "t" assembly of hoses off. Notice that the two hoses that follow in-line have hard bumps in them. These are restrictor pills. Yes, two pills, unlike the years before, this model has two. Remove the brass pill from one side and drill to .047". Place the pill back in the hose you removed it from and re-connect to the car. Make sure the side you drilled out is on your right side when standing in front of the car looking at the hood. By opening this hole, the turbo will reach a lower, safer boost level. After I did this I hooked my AP up to it and set it to "live data" to get an accurate boost reading. I did a few hard pulls through to 4th gear and reached my target boost level. I have had no problems.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've heard the stock cobb AP stg 2 is bad with a catless DP. Boost creep out the ying yang.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm about to go catless i read something on cobbs site about the 07's so you've had no problems before with this setup then? Let me know, thanks also do you have some pics we could use here they would help alot. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
im running an invidia catless dp, with AP and COBB stage2 v 1.1 map. The car runs just fine. With version 1 i was getting boost spikes and the famous p0402. I have had put 2000 kms on the car since then and it works just fine. Any of you have any questions, let me know. Will be more than happy to answer them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts