Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone else think the audio system is absolutely horrible in the WRXs?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I have heard a lot worse. It is not too bad. I got some new speakers, Polk DB651s for the front and rear doors. Hopefully that will make a big difference.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have heard a lot worse. It is not too bad. I got some new speakers, Polk DB651s for the front and rear doors. Hopefully that will make a big difference.
This topic really belongs under ICE, but anyway:

I hope the speakers work out well for you, but sadly its most often the head unit that is the bottleneck. The amplifiers they put in them are just so damn cheap they simply can't move a decent level of RMS voltage.

What really annoys me is that I have the premium audio with subwoofer (its what the dealer had) and it still sounds nasty.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Well, I don't think that the stock speakers sound all that bad. I am slightly impressed with it from a off the line audio system.

·
Registered
752 Posts
my friend got an 07 STI a few weeks before got my 08. We both agreed that the 2008s have better sound quality than the 2007s.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
The stock premium system have really good and impresive speaker for that kind of car, the problem is the lack of power and the crossover of the factory amp... when you will remove your door panel and see the speaker you will know what i mean

that said, STOP listening to MP3 and SAT radio and get real CD and you will definitly heard the difference, and like OGB said, if you ever got in a 2007- impreza its day and night

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am a little disappointed in the stock stereo. I have to crank it up to about 30 to start to hear it well. I know in the summer I will be crusing windows down so I will need it even higher. I am used to my 07 civic ex/nav so it was pretty loud. That being said, I drive ALOT with the radio off....I LOVE the way the car sounds...I just love hearing the whining and the turbo and just the car in general. 8)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Do you have premium ?... without changing everythig just hooking the factory Speaker to a new amplifier throught the OEM unit do wonder.. just get a not so expensive 4ch and your in business for a big amelioration

1 - 8 of 8 Posts