Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started my adventure when I was looking for a replacement radiator for my WRX. It was a Friday night when my radiator cracked along the plastic on the top. I decided this is a good time for an upgrade, so I searched the internet. Finally, I found a Mizu fully aluminum radiator for $188.20 shipped. I paid via Amazonpayments, and received confirmation of my card being charged. I was happy to find such a great deal, and all the reviews I read said it was a good product, so I waited until Monday to give them a call.

I waited on hold for about 45 minutes, which made sense, since it was Monday, and spoke with the sales team (which appears to be just one guy named Justine). He said they got the order and it would ship in the afternoon. Unfortunately, a couple hours later I received an email stating my order had been cancelled and my money would be refunded in "24-48 tops." I called them back and got hung up on after 40 minutes of being on hold, I called back and tried another department, after 20 minutes more of being on hold, I got a live person. They ended up transferring me to another department who promptly hung up on me. So I called back and got a technical service rep, who I begged not to transfer or hang up on me. After 5 minutes of convincing, he decided to handle the problem himself. I asked if there was anything comparable to what I ordered, they had a Mishimoto, and would give me free shipping for the inconvenience. I was happy, and ordered it over the phone, I ended as a happy customer.

5 days later, on Friday, I checked my account... no refund. So I made the call to Autoplicity. After a 30 minute hold, I got the sales guy I had originally talked to, good ole Justine. He told me the accounting department had went home and wouldn't be available until Monday, but because I used Amazonpayments, they were responsible for refunding my money. So I called Amazon, and spoke with Crista. She told me Autoplicity had ran the charge the moment I submitted my payment. So I called Autoplicity, and got Justine again, he denied Autoplicity had anything to do with it. So I called Amazon back, got Crista again, and submitted a claim for investigation. The next Monday, I opened a trouble ticket with Autoplicity, and the following is copied from the emails back and forth.

Email transaction with Autoplicity (reads from top to bottom)

So, now, here I sit. I got my Mishimoto, and am very happy with the product, but the customer service at Autoplicity has been horrible thus far.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
wow thanks for the feedback dude. glad to hear it worked out in the end

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually dig the company, and the prices were very competitive, but I think when something like this happens, it should be investigated more than a simple email over to accounting to get a default reply. I'm not sure if I would buy from them again, I'm all for finding the best deal, but not a huge fan of spending hours on the phone and in email trying to get a company to do the right thing. They contract Amazonpayments, so when something goes wrong, they should speak with their contracted employee, simple as that.

However, doesn't matter, I don't have to drive my backup vehicle anymore, so regardless, I'm content.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the refund today, Amazon confirmed Autoplicity has a hard time doing things. Oh well, not everyone can be a winner.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did some research on this company and found there to be a common problem, customer service sucks.
On there website products are 100% in stock, it's been a year but from other customer reviews I don't believe it.
Thanks for posting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts