Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my AVIC installed for a while, but just never got around to mounting the microphone for the bluetooth adapter. I decided I did not just want it sitting on the steering column or the dash. I wanted an integrated look. Here's what I came up with:

Now, it is not perfect. When I have time I am going to massage it a little to make it fit more flush.

All it is is a grommet from the fabric store along with a piece of vinyl which I bought as a remnant.

I wrapped the grommet in the vinyl and superglued it. Then, I cut a small x in the center to allow the mic to pass through.

Next up is making a mount for my iPod Nano in the center console...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and notice that the panel has the silver trim down the sides. I am thinking about getting this to match it:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Wow man that looks very professional. I'm going to bug you for more detail someday LOL

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
That looks really good. I haven't installed my bluetooth unit in my D3 yet. I've heard the mic that comes with the D3 kind of sucks though. Good work though.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Oh, and notice that the panel has the silver trim down the sides. I am thinking about getting this to match it:

The 09's have a similar silver shifter trim, but without the STI logo. Might want to wait for that, that's what I'm going to end up doing. The double-din dash panel just doesn't match the color scheme on the WRX interiors perfectly, but that shifter trim would definitely help.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 09's have a similar silver shifter trim, but without the STI logo. Might want to wait for that, that's what I'm going to end up doing. The double-din dash panel just doesn't match the color scheme on the WRX interiors perfectly, but that shifter trim would definitely help.
I thought about masking it off and painting to try to get it to match, but that would have been an expensive experiment if I messed it up. I saw that the 09's were going to have that silver shifter trim. Do they have a WRX logo in place of the STI, or are they just plain?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts