Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, right as i was about to order my Stromung Axleback, Rallitek came out with these.

http://www.rallitek.com/avo20wrxmu4d.html

any thoughts? For price and sound reasons I'm probably going to stick with the Stromung. However, after looking at these I'm getting concerned that the Stromung muffler might actually be too long. These seem VERY short. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'd measure how much room you have for the mufflers...I know for a fact that the stromung would fit on the 5-door

However, I agree that the sedan mufflers are smaller on both the SPT exhaust and the avo ones...

I'd measure your stock muffflers...you may still be able to fit the stromungs, but you may have to angle them down a little bit or something

A tape measure will tell you everything you need to know...If I recall correctly, my stromung dual tip was approximately 9-10" wide, 6-8" tall, and 18-20" long.

You could also contact boxer4racing or another vender and ask them to measure the muffler dimensions for you.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Personally, i wouldn't, but it will be easier just to buy a bolt on system and not have to go to a shop to fabricate you a system.

I can almost guarantee that the stromung will sound better, but it all depends on your budget and willingness to have something cool and custom albeit with more effort, or off the shelf and have it be easier.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know...

so they put up a video:

and heres a pice of the centerpipe and Y-pipe: http://www.avoturboworld.com/images/stories/08_news_images/08_wrx_sedan/center_pipe_001.jpg

The idea of getting two stromungs flitted through my mind for a second but the cost would be staggering, plus It wouldnt sound like it should... probably more raspy because of slower moving air.

and in case anyones wondering, Swaintech is probably the way to go for coating Subaru headers. theyre a bit cheaper and theyre ceramic :)

have yet to solve gasket problem and muffler length problem.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I made this illustration it should help...and it gives two different scenarios, one if you got a single tip axleback and one if you got a dual tip.

As far as hanging the system, I'm sure your exhaust shop can figure something out.

Please excuse the illustration, I only took 10 minutes on it, hehe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts