Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would this Boost Control Actuator be a wise purchase even on a stock car, well Stage 2 I mean?? ...Thoughts!?

·
Registered
66 Posts
that long pause between the date of your post and today...means we don't have a clue ;) Good question though. For technical questions, I would recommend calling RalliTek. I'd say the majority of us are "weekend warriors" when it comes to turning a wrench.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that long pause between the date of your post and today...means we don't have a clue ;) Good question though. For technical questions, I would recommend calling RalliTek. I'd say the majority of us are "weekend warriors" when it comes to turning a wrench.
Hahahaha!!! I kinda figured that...... :) It's all good!

·
Registered
132 Posts
The AVO solid boost actuator is designed to hold boost pressure throughout your entire rpm range increasing your horsepower and torque. The stock actuator from Subaru cuts back boost pressure at higher rpms. If you drive your car hard and are constantly running in the higher rpms than you will see the benefit. On the other hand it will also put more wear and tear on your turbo. If your turbo fails, Subaru will probably deny the warranty claim based on the AVO solid boost actuator you installed. Even if you switch back to stock, your dealer can data log using your ecm and diagnostic equipment. I would say go for it...If the Turbo fails, spend the $1,849.00 and upgrade to the AVO 380 WRX turbo. Just remember your transmission is the weak point. The WRX will handle up to 300+ to the wheels if not driven hard, the 6 speed STI will handle up to 400+. If you plan on going with a larger turbo, I would recommend swapping over to the STI tranny and rear diff. AVO puts out an excellent product and has better quality control than some of the other tuners putting out similar products. I would highly recommend them... just putting in my .02. ;D

·
Registered
228 Posts
would u guys recommended doing this to a complete stock wrx with maps upgrades

also is there a way to adjust/mess with the stock actuator to product more boost

1 - 5 of 5 Posts