Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heyas, has any one put an axle/diff back exhaust on?, i cant get the SPT catback in Aussie and i dont want to do anything that may upset my warranty till its out of warranty.
Not worried about power at the moment, just want a nice rumble out of the exhaust instead of a sewing machine sound, can i get this with an axle back?,any one recommend one?
Roll on end of warranty and a full turbo back!!! ;D

·
Registered
700 Posts
with a cat back/axle back you only void the exhaust warranty. havent seen an axle back out. go custom.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
if you're trying to save cash and want to do it in a way that won't screw up the car, just delete the muffler. it'll still be quiet enough to pass testing (you'll still have resonators) and it'll be dirt cheap.

just have a pipe made in the path that the muffler used to take, and put a pretty tip on it.

I did this and it's awesome. I've posted about it a million times.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shags, have spoken to Subaru Aust and have been told in certain terms that ANY exhaust change if found to be the cause of malfunction of the vehicle will not be warranted so it doesn't matter if you go TBE, CBE or diff back.
Due to the prices over here I am going to order an Invidia system from the states as the Aussie dollar is strong even with postage it works out at half the prices locally.
Cheers Mick

·
Registered
700 Posts
in order to void a warranty claim they have to prove that the piece you put on caused the problem and a cat back i dont believe is gonna cause and issue's. just my .02

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mate

im from Australia and have sold a few of the diff backs for the 08 WRXs..

There are some good ones on the market but for something that looks stock and sounds not overly loud the HKS legalis is one of the better ones

Troy
www.prospeedracing.com.au

1 - 8 of 8 Posts