Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my car for about 2 weeks now, and this morning I thought I'd try the MP3 player in the aux input. I got nothing. I left my owner's manual in the house, so I can't reference that today. Does something need to be plugged into the 12v power outlet in the armrest storage area for the aux input to work? I will read up on this when I get home, but I thought I'd throw the question out there.

Thanks!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hmm, interesting. The Subaru website lists the Aux input as being a part of the premium package. Is it possible they left it in there non-active? That would be somewhat lame, but at least you might be able to wire it up yourself. Sorry can't be of more help, I don't have my rex yet.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I have the base model, my AUX input work just fine. I know this will sound a little like talking down but, is the volume all the way up on your MP3 player and did you push the CD selector to the AUX. Otherwise take it back tot he dealer and have them look at it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys. coopwrx, I probably had the volume at half on the mp3 player initially, but rolled that up as soon as I didn't hear anything. And yes, I did select Aux on the head. I checked my connections, too. I'll try again with full volume on the player, although I believe it shouldn't have to be at max vol for the head to receive it. I'll look into things a little more. Perhaps I'll pop the console and take a gander. Maybe there's something that just isn't connected.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

·
Registered
717 Posts
yes my works as well, but i do have to jack up the volume a bit to get decent sound out of it.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Yeah, My next guess would be whether or not something was not connected properly. But, I agree with Gravedigger, you really have to turn the volume up on the stereo to hear anything. But, it sure does beat having to listen to through the tape deck with that kind of adapter, like in my 04.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i hooked my xbox up to it and played NFS:Carbon :)
i haven't tried to hook my iPod up to it yet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys. Yeah, I'm lame I guess. I tried it this morning, rolled the MP3 volume up all the way before connecting, and once playing and connected rolled the head volume up and had music. Although wiggling the plug at the input revealed some crustiness. working the jack in and out a few times seemed to improve the contact points. Aux input seems to work fine now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts